Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Restaurants-My Most Favorite Food

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:34 pm
Am thinking of going to My Most Favorite Food (formerly My Most Favorite Desert) for our anniversary. What does anyone recommend on their menu and for desert? Is the ambiance there nice? Any recommendations for a nicer but not pricier restaurat for an anniversary in the nyc -brooklyn are??

Dini

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:36 pm
where is the restaurant located? is it milchig or fleishig?

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:42 pm
It is a bit pricey for dairy, the food is ok, they are known for desserts so the dessert is good. For dairy the best place in the city is Va Bene. I always like Fleshigs better, Le Marais, is my favorite

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 8:43 pm
It's milchig. It's on 45th St. in Manhattan between 6th and Broadway or thereabouts. Anybody who has been there??

Dini

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:17 pm
there are definately ppl on this site who had been there b/c I saw it listed in another thread. I always heard that vabene was the best milchig place in the city and then I went and it was so stuffy and noisy and I didn't like the food.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:06 pm
I was at my most favorites probably 2 times while dating...so it's been over 4 years since I was there...so I don't know how it is now, but I think it was okay then. They have a minimum, but usually your meal will be more anyway. I think I had a tuna melt for $12 or something... You can probably look online for a menu

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 10:08 pm
Ive been there many times, its a dairy restaurant its nothing special, you can get the same stuff in any cafe in Brooklyn.
[url]
http://www.mymostfavoritefood.com/ [/url]
click on the full menu, you can see all the food and prices.

Va bene is a bit crowded but the actually make their own pasta and its delicious

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 8:22 am
Any good restaurant would be pricy but, hey,you deserve it once in a while!
The best Milchigs ones are :Va Bene and My most favorite.For fleishigs the best ones are Levana ,Tevere 84 and Prime grill.All the rest are so so in my eyes(& mouth...lol)

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 9:04 am
I wrote this in another thread, but gusto va mere is a really nice choice as well. http://www.gustovamare.com/
It's a small quiet place and the food is excellent. I do not think they cost more or much more than my most favorite.

also, word of caution, if you are going to my most favorite- don't go on a motzei shabbos- the place is mobbed!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 9:18 am
its a nice place. I dont know if it changed, but used to be verry slow service, but good food. thier desserts are amazing. I had the strawberry short cake-yum, and white choc moose cake. yum.

if you are looking for a nice place in brooklyn, Cafe Venezia on Coney btw j and k. nice ambiance, great service, good food.

redhot

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:04 am
My most favorite is nice, but not great food in my opinion. Their desserts are delicious though. They are famous for their apple pie. I used to love Gusto Va Mari, But I heard it lost its hechsher. That was by far, my favorite dairy restaurant !! If you can find out about the hechsher, definitely go there! The place is small and 'cozy', but the food is worth it!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:11 am
DH & I were just there last week. We had a late lunch. He had a soup & salad & I had a ceasar salad. It was very good. We waited for a few minutes to be seated though, which was annoying., There was no one to greet us & waiters saw us waiting & didn't get someone. In the end, DH went over to one & said nicely, "Should we just sit anywhere?" We skipped dessert, even though they looked amazing, because we are watching our weight.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 11:59 am
I hated it.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 12:18 pm
What would be comparable to Gusto Va Mare, in ambiance and good food, in Brooklyn? What fleishig places in Brooklyn have the nicest ambiance???

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 12:53 pm
glatt a la carte is a nice choice in brooklyn- it's on 18th avenue and 50's. the food is excellent- fleishig- and the atmosphere is pretty nice unless its crazy crowded (I would ask if they're having a party that night..)

bertollinis is a really nice choice for milchigs- it's on coney island ave. and like o-kings hgwy. the atmosphere is nice and the food is great.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 1:05 pm
I would also go elsewhere. Le Marias is nice, Park East Grill is also popular., as is Prime Grill and Solo.

Younger Me

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 1:53 pm
aaawwww, I just went down memory lane!

we went to "my most favorite dessert" on our 3rd date! (yeah, it was a looong time ago!).

Haven't been back there again since then, as we don't live in NY, so I don't really know what's the food like there....

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:39 pm
I'm not a fan of My Most Favorite. The food is overpriced and not much better than food you can get at a cheaper place like Cafe K.

cindy324

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 4:03 pm
The food was OK in My Favorite Food, but very overpriced AND the portions are pretty small. I was on appetite suppressants at the time and I was still hungry after I finished the whole plate of fish and mashed sweet potatoes!

I was recently ion Bermuda restaurant in Brooklyn on Coney Island Ave and Ave M. It's dairy and very good! They have sushi, too. Their pasta and salads are great, the soups are good , too, and is reasonably priced.

For fleishigs, I would recommend Le Marais. very good food, and also reasonably priced, at least compared to Prime Grill and Solo, which are ridiculously expensive, and in Prime Grill they practically make you feel like they're doing you a favor by seating you and letting you eat there. They are jam packed almost every night, very noisy and crowded.

If you do decide on Lemarais, call ahead , make reservations and INSIST on a table upstairs,tell'em you're celebrating a b-day, and if you get there and they try to seat you downstairs (noisy, crowded, uncomfortable seats)tell 'em firmly that you'll wait as you specifically requested upstairs when you called for reservations. Don't take no for an answer! Very Happy

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 4:09 pm
As an aside, why did My Most Favorite change their name? Especially to something so stupid?

Cindy, I definitely agree with you on Le Marais - I always enjoy eating there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics