Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
MISSING HUSBAND FOUND AT 3.30 AM
Previous  1  2

Chani

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 4:03 am
look, what does it hurt to have the study done?

If he has it, then you certainly want to know, so he can do something about it, be it a CPAP or surgery, because it is a dangerous, life-threatening issue.

And if he doesn't have it, then at least you'll have the worry off of you (and maybe they can be of some help getting him to a more normal schedule with more restful sleep).

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 8:46 am
FINKEL wrote:
original amother here
is it normal for a young person to take a nap in a car and not wake up for close to 3 hours?
and he never dreams
is that a sympton too?
and he usally naps every night from 8 till 11 and then goes to sleep at 2 or 3 am, bad sleeping habits I know but he is just always tired
so I really think he needs a sleeping test

I think there you have the answer, if he does this every night, then its not surprising that he did it that night. Its part of his routine. And if he goes to sleep 3:00 am, of course hes tired 8:00. And hes probably just a very deep sleeper if he didn't wake up at all with the engine running and all.
(I keep thinking how dangerous that was sleeping 3 hours with the engine on! Shaking )

mumoo

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
anyway my husband is now the biggest joke in our extended family
haha
all my bil are calling to check at all times
if he is awake !!!!!!!!!

b'H he is alright. what stands out in my mind is that your mil and bil are so family oriented, willing to be called late, go out in the middle of the night. From what I read here, not all in-laws are so cooperative.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:23 pm
my mil is my dh 's mother ! of course she was hysterical too...lol
and yes my bil (husbands sisters husband) was very nice to jump and go at 3 am....he told me the next day that he went to sleep thirty minutes before I had called....
and why is it dangerous to sleep in car with gas running? what is it different then driving for 3 hours? he was parked on the street not a garge?
sorry for my not knowing about cars...

mumoo

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:37 am
amother wrote:

and why is it dangerous to sleep in car with gas running? what is it different then driving for 3 hours? he was parked on the street not a garge?
sorry for my not knowing about cars...

maybe it's not because of emissions but because if a running car's gears are shifted, the car can move

mirikush

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 5:24 pm
my husband has sleep apnoea. Get it checked as it's a killer chas v'shalom...strains the heart with the lack of oxygen at night time. etc.
When we were going on shidduchim he fell asleep on the phone....and he could feel himself falling asleep and warned me!. After we married he missed getting off the egged bus at the tsomet to Sfat and ended up in kiriat shemona at midnight....I called and called and he couldn't wake up to pick up his mobile!
He snores like a truck and would sleep through a smoke alarm in our house with no problems. He falls asleep at the shabbos table and he just can't help it. Totally exhausted all the time and the only time that was fixed was when he had a cpap machine at night. Ity broke so now after 2/3 years without I have persuaded him to get another as he is doing a post grad. diploma of education and needs to be well rested.So now maybe I'll get a goods night sleep too! Very Happy

Squash

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 7:32 pm
It's dangerous to fall asleep (or drive for that matter) because carbon monoxide is a facter (from the fuel). We always open the window at least a crack as soon as we fasten our seatbelts so that we have oxygen coming in.

Also, my fil has sleep apnea. He was ALWAYS sleeping! When I was newlywed I would find it incredible to go and visit at 4PM and see him come out of his room in a morning robe!!! And you'd think he'd be rested after sleeping the day away. No way! He was all bleary eyed and overtired.

The best thing that happened to him was that he passed out at a melave malka and Hatzola brought him to the hospital where they kept him overnight for observation. The next day one of the nurses told my mil she couldn't believe how they slept in the same room, he sounded like a freight train!!! My inlaws were totally unaware of sleep apnea before and the nurse convinced him to go for a sleep study.

He used to sleep with that mask but I think by now he graduated to some sort of air purifier for the room (not sure about that). He is now a totally different person with a normal schedule and lots more energy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics