Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
LIGHT A CANDLE FOR OUR BOYS AT 8:30

heidi

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 9:50 am
Just got this text. No idea of the source but it can't hurt. Will translate after the original:היום כל אמא בישראל תדליק בשמונה וחצי נר ותפילה לאמא רחל אמנו שתבקש שישבו בנים לגבולם

Tonight at 8:30 every Jewish mother should light a candle and say a tfila to Rachel Imenu to ask the our boys be returned.

I found the tfilla to Rachel Imenu by googling it.

Fiveboyz

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 10:48 am
Can you please send the link with rachel I menus tefilla? Thanks

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 10:56 am
heidi wrote:
Just got this text. No idea of the source but it can't hurt. Will translate after the original:היום כל אמא בישראל תדליק בשמונה וחצי נר ותפילה לאמא רחל אמנו שתבקש שישבו בנים לגבולם

Tonight at 8:30 every Jewish mother should light a candle and say a tfila to Rachel Imenu to ask the our boys be returned.

I found the tfilla to Rachel Imenu by googling it.

I haven't seen it, but are you sure it is a tefillah *to* Rachel Imeinu? Because it is assur to daven to anyone other than Hashem. One can daven to Hashem in the zchut of Rachel Imeinu, but never ever *to* her.

May Hashem return the boys to their families in good health, speedily.

Fiveboyz

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 11:17 am
Imeinu

heidi

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:14 pm
Oy vey, nitpickers everyone . . .I meant tefilla to be said at kever rachel. Really folks?

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:18 pm
heidi wrote:
Oy vey, nitpickers everyone . . .I meant tefilla to be said at kever rachel. Really folks?

Sorry, but it really wasn't clear. The Hebrew says "to Rachel imeinu," too.

r_ch

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:19 pm
Are you sure it's from a Jewish tradition? I know of quite other cases when we light a candle.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:23 pm
heidi wrote:

You know, I actually hesitated for quite a while before posting, because obviously this is a raw, emotional situation and I was concerned that someone might take it the wrong way. But eventually I decided that the significance of the distinction and the consequences from the lack of clarity were potentially too great to ignore. I'm sorry you feel it's nitpicky, but such a mistake would be quite grave.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:34 pm
r_ch wrote:
Are you sure it's from a Jewish tradition? I know of quite other cases when we light a candle.

No, we have it too. But sorry, OP, when you talk about davening "to" someone, that would give anyone pause. Especially given that this is from an unnamed source.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational