Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Security in Swiss Airport?

sped

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 1:54 am
PLease can someone tell me what it is like? What are the rules as far as bringing liquids and semi-liquids through? I will be traveling through with a 1.5 yo and need to bring along milk and foods like yogurts and such. Can I bring it along?

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 3:18 am
Its the same like all airports regarding regulations etc.
you cam bring baby foodand drinks in a baby bottle as lomg as you are willing to taste it.

sped

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 5:19 am
I have learned there is no "all airports". In the US, for example, anything for baby is fine. I just pack it all together and one bag and they pass it through. In England, almost nothing is allowed, except for a baby bottle with milk.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:44 am
sped wrote:
I have learned there is no "all airports". In the US, for example, anything for baby is fine. I just pack it all together and one bag and they pass it through. In England, almost nothing is allowed, except for a baby bottle with milk.
In the UK they make you taste everything. And that is mostly only in Heathrow. I have flown through Ireland, Manchester and other airports that only made me taste the baby bottle. In heathrow they made me taste the baby food too.
In JFk they made me throw out a baby food once too. They wouldn't even let me taste it.
So it really depends on the security officers themselves.

sped

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 12:03 pm
Maybe the difference is that it was baby food? I need to bring "regular" food through - regular yogurts, etc. Also, I will be on a long flight and will need milk the whole time. It's what dd basically drinks. The only way I can see it staying fresh is if I freeze it in a liter bottle. Baby bottles defrost too quickly.

kb

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 12:38 pm
I have never had a problem with taking ANYTHING in a diaper bag (apple sauce, yogurt, coca cola for me!, etc..) through any airport yet. Once in JFK they discussed taking away the apple sauce cuz they sell the same one after security but I smiled pretty and they let it through.

sped

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 1:13 pm
Heathrow was IMPOSSIBLE with this for me - twice. They took everything away and told me I can buy food for the baby in the airport shops. Kosher is not considered a dietary requirement.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:00 pm
Oh anything in a baby bottle they let.
I once packed a drink for myself but they said it has to be in a baby bottle so I literally there and then poured it into a baby bottle and tasted it and they were fine with it.

But yes, heathrow is a nightmare with security.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:19 pm
You can bring in regular yogurt if it is a certain amount of ounces. Certain brands are small enough to be let through. Same goes for baby foods. If it is under ounces requirement, it is allowed. Read up on that before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics