Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos getaway with my kids

copypaste

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 3:37 pm
I'm looking to go away for the July 4th weekend with my kids. Anybody here can help me with some info regarding the Raleigh hotel or chalet hotel? Or maybe u have any other ideas where we can stay?

sky

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:29 pm
Me Too. I was going to post just this. I hope I'm not taking away from you. I'm also looking for hotel ideas within 3 - 4 hours of NJ. best if it comes with food but not required.

We once stayed in the Chaleigh. Food was plentiful and excellent (more heimish then 'modern' food). Even the best room was just alright (my DH was very disappointed - but I kinda new what we were getting into) it was a newer room and had a balcony and wood floors which I liked and they fit in beds for all my kids. Motzei shabbos was great kids entertainment (and again food). There was a pool and lots of area for the kids, but not much in terms of playground. I liked that things were spread out and not in the same building so it was a bit out doorsy (even though it did rain). The minyan was more heimish if IIRC but my DH davened in the bungalow colony next door and was happier. I'd stay there again but DH wants to go somewhere else.

We have stayed in different places in Tannersville, NY. and there is a lot of stuff to do near by. I always wanted to stay here - http://www.springwellmanor.net/index.html - but never felt the accomadations worked for us.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 10:01 pm
Some other ideas I saw:
http://shabbosgetaways.blogspot.com/ - advertisement for July 4 weekend in Hotel for shabbos.

Bushkill inn I believe had a kosher program. I'm not sure if it is still available.

copypaste

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 1:36 am
Thank you "sky" for sharing your ideas. I will look into both.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 8:38 am
Something else I recently saw on imamother is Highland Park in Woodridge or Tabak. Can someone give more information. Like food info or anything else.

Thanks.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 2:57 pm
Nothing I"ve looked into has worked out (Haven't called any of the hotels yet).

Anyone have any other ideas of where to go.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:13 pm
I've seen a couple of places advertising in Vermont, food included. At least one of them specifically said it was open for July 4th weekend, don't remember if the other is only during bein ha'zmanim or not.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:37 pm
I saw that too. I would LOVE to visit Vermont But really wanted something closer for a short weekend. I only have Friday off of work.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 4:39 pm
Hmm, shorter and closer - the Poconos or Catskills are probably your best bets. There may be something to the south in Virginia, but I'm not familiar with it. Another great but underrated option is Onset, Massachusetts, right at the beginning of Cape Cod. It may still be too far from you, but it's a really nice place to relax, and the people at the shul are very friendly and welcoming. See www.capecodshul.org for more info.

Fave

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 4:46 pm
sky wrote:
Something else I recently saw on imamother is Highland Park in Woodridge or Tabak. Can someone give more information. Like food info or anything else.

Thanks.

Highland Park doesn't take weekend reservations during July and August - as it's converted into a regular bungalow colony during the summer

sky

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:34 pm
Onset, Massachusetts is another item on my list of places I'd love to got but I don't want to travel. We have so many 8\9 hour trips we HAVE to make each year I love to do local weekend vacation when possible.

But thanks so much for the suggestions.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:34 pm
Fave wrote:
Highland Park doesn't take weekend reservations during July and August - as it's converted into a regular bungalow colony during the summer

Thanks you so much. I tried calling them but haven't heard back - maybe that is why.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics