Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
This is a real question Can ashkenazi eat in sephardic house
Previous  1  2  3

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 8:56 pm
I am Ashkenazi, when I was a kid my best friend was Sefardi, for a time, I was going over to her house every other Shabbos/Shabbat, never had a problem eating at her house. One time, I had really good Pesach cereal. Later I found out it was made from rice.... did I break kosher? I don't think so.

I had a friend who lived in a dorm in college, her apartment decided the way they were going to keep the kitchen was to follow everyone's chumra.

My mother is always very considerate of guests food preferences. One week I had over two friends, one only ate a certain brand of chicken, the other ate any brand except that chicken. So my mother made two pans of chicken, one was the brand, one wasn't. They had no problem that they were probably cooked in the same oven at same time.

Kosher is Kosher is Kosher, just like a Jew is a Jew is a Jew .... when we start being nitpicky of "oh she doesn't keep my exact minhag" that's when we end up in silly debates and stupid arguments.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen