Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
ALERT: CH Matza

proudmom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:46 am
Anash and Temimim which bought Matzos from the Crown Heights Matza Bakery will need to buy additional Matzos this year - at least for the Seder night. The story began this weekend as a group of Temimim was baking Matzos; it became apparent that one of the women kneading the Matzoh dough was a “Goyeh”. The issue is that during the Seder there is a requirement to eat Matzos which were baked "Leshaim Matzos Mitzvah", something that a [gentile] is incapable of doing.

Today, (Sunday) the Rosh Yeshiva of 770, Harav Shneur Zalmen Lafkowsky delivered a Shiur in which he explained the problem with the Matzos already baked, and added that every single person who bought Matzos from the Crown Heights bakery must ask a Rov what should be done.

from Chabad.org

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:54 am
OH my!! That could be thousands of people since there was a big sale yesterday.

proudmom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 12:01 pm
the source is chabad.info not chabad.org

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 12:46 pm
no kidding! that's awful?

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 2:12 pm
Quote:
one of the women kneading the Matzoh dough was a “Goyeh”.
the women don't knead the dough. they roll out the matzos. sounds like there could be some inaccuracy here. It's certainly a disturbing announcement, but with no clarification or psak from the Beis Din yet about something so relevant to the public , it's premature to come to this conclusion:
Quote:
Anash and Temimim which bought Matzos from the Crown Heights Matza Bakery will need to buy additional Matzos this year - at least for the Seder night.
but rather this:
Quote:
person who bought Matzos from the Crown Heights bakery must ask a Rov what should be done.
is a more appropriate conclusion.

Can I ask a sheailas Tam? Wouldn't this issue have come up often, since people of diverse backgrounds, particularly Russian, have been doing the rolling for years? I can't believe that the question hasn't been dealt with or clarified in the past by the Rabbonim, and mashgichim. Confused

I also question the motive of putting it up on the chabad.info website before consulting with the Rabbonim who are responsible for the hechsher, or before they issue a psak.

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:23 am
Did any of the Rabbonim talk about this? I never received anything in the mail or anything...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:50 am
I heard at a shiur last night that Rov Osdoba deemed it not a problem . . .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics