Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Where in B'klyn do you make your big Pesach grocery shop?

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:48 pm
Where in Brooklyn do you make your big Pesach shop? Where do you get the most for the least money?

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 6:34 am
KRM. 39th between 13th & 14th.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 8:46 am
KRM-Kollel, paperific, Landaus for the leftovers

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:15 am
Same pleaces we shop all year:
Meats-glatt mart only
Fruits & vegetables-The Orchard
All the groceries-Landau's.

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:30 am
when I lived in brooklyn I went to Krm

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:53 am
sarahd wrote:

You mean you fly in from Europe to do your shopping in Brooklyn?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:54 am
The Shuk, and now at Family Dollar on Lefferts avenue for paper stuff.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:56 am
chocolate moose wrote:
The Shuk, and now at Family Dollar on Lefferts avenue for paper stuff.

you have to be careful w/paper stuff cause some things actually have corn starch on them which is not permitted to use on pesach ... including paper towels ...

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:57 am
Ok how does one park to shop at the Shuk?? I want to actually u know buy a certain amount of items this time without going over budget

shopaholic

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:37 am
KRM. But I saw some good deals in Goldberg's ad in the jewish Press.

bashinda

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:44 pm
I dont' have a car so I'm dependent on the local shopping. I buy a lot of stuff at Auction ware on Kingston Ave. and a Kol Tuv also on Kingston. I went to the shuk and I'm impressed by the size and the selection but I'm never there. I'll probably just go to the Pesach STore (read: Kol Tuv) for the matzah, oil etc. Ebers for wine. Very interesting.

I'm planning on doing a day in Boro Park for clothing and linens and other misc. items IY"H

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:04 am
downsyndrome wrote:
sarahd wrote:

You mean you fly in from Europe to do your shopping in Brooklyn?

Yup! It's worth it!! What we save on grocery shopping in BP vs. here pays for one of our tickets, believe it or not!

Of course, we don't fly in before Pesach to shop and then fly back Wink, but when I was doing my parents' shopping that was where we did it. My mother still shops there, especially for Pesach stuff.

Except for fruits/vegs btw - those we buy on 65th Street/Ft. Hamilton. 3 Guys from Brooklyn or Circus Fruits.

Bsimcha

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:43 am
Quote:
I'm planning on doing a day in Boro Park for clothing and linens and other misc. items IY"H

You can put together an order in kollel store and they will deliver it to crown heights. You'll save alot!! you can also either fax or e-mail (I'm not sure) an order and they will deliver.

cindy324

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 2:32 pm
Quote:
Except for fruits/vegs btw - those we buy on 65th Street/Ft. Hamilton. 3 Guys from Brooklyn or Circus Fruits.

Yup! That's my favorite place to shop for fruits and veggies, too, especially when I need large quantities. I can probably do my entire pesach produce order for about $50 there, and the quality is great!

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 2:36 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

Yup! That's my favorite place to shop for fruits and veggies, too, especially when I need large quantities. I can probably do my entire pesach produce order for about $50 there, and the quality is great!

How do the two (3 Guys and Circus) compare?

Last edited by Mevater on Wed, Mar 14 2007, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 2:37 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

Thats where I do my veggis and fruit also. I buy a case of lemons and a case of squeeing oranges from there and they have sales on cases of stuff.. Since they are open 24/7. I send my husband there at about 2am if not its a mad house there.

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 2:40 pm
Bsimcha wrote:
Quote:

You can put together an order in kollel store and they will deliver it to crown heights. You'll save alot!! you can also either fax or e-mail (I'm not sure) an order and they will deliver.

Hmmm. It's tempting. I'd feel bad though not shopping locally, but it is tempting.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:09 pm
do they still charge by the box to ship? and don';t you have to go and pick your stuff out yourself?

we don't buy many groceries; we buy more paper goods and produce, though.

miri123

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:21 pm
b4 going to the 3 guys which I've done it check Raskins or other local sales bcse I found the different if there was one it was minimal believe it or not. The 45 minutes or more of the ride are not worth $1 dollar difference.
Been there and done that.
PS. even local you can't buy a little here, a little there and stand on 5 different 1/2 hr line to pay, it is a waste of time and $$, because your probably paying a babysitter to watch your kids while u shop.
Hatzalacha be happy w/your decision.

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 4:40 pm
Moishe's on Ave M... it's like KRM. Really well priced.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics