Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood to bala cynwyd

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:15 pm
A friend of mine needs to get from lakewood, nj, to bala cynwyd, pa, and back, this tuesday. she has no car. Is anyone on these boards possibly headed there? does anyone know if there is a bus? would very greatly appreciate any leads. Thanks so much.

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 5:56 pm
it could also be to philadelphia- I understand that bala cynwyd is right outside philly.

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 6:01 pm
Bus would be nj transit, google it for scheduling and locations.

However, busses typically take 2-3x longer than going by car. Is it possible for her to rent a car for the day? Cost might not be that much more than the round trip bus ticket anyways.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 2:00 am
thanks so much for responding. I checked the nj transit website, and it said there is no route that does not involve considerable walking distance- 3.5 miles was the shortest!
she doesn't drive.
I guess, since it's an important trip, she may just have to spring for a car service. I cant imagine what that would cost, though!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 2:50 am
strawberry cola wrote:
thanks so much for responding. I checked the nj transit website, and it said there is no route that does not involve considerable walking distance- 3.5 miles was the shortest!
she doesn't drive.
I guess, since it's an important trip, she may just have to spring for a car service. I cant imagine what that would cost, though!

Bus from Lakewood to Newark Amtrak station. (Trenton is closer, if she can get there.). Amtrak to Philly. SEPTA train to Bala.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:55 am
How long does she need to be there? It may be more cost-effective to hire a car service and have them wait for her.

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:47 pm
she needs to be there for an hour and a half
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics