Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Recipe similar to Oberlander Nut Krakovskis ?

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 7:33 pm
My family likes Oberlander Nut Krakovskis. Does anyone know how to get a similar tasting cake?

Brownies are easy, but the white cakes are usually very Pesachik tasting . Nut Krakovskis are a moist white cake (on the heavy side), filled with apricot jam, and with a nut type topping. It happens to taste quite good.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:15 pm
Interesting ... hmmm ... I make a sponge cake add ground almonds before baking - then I cut in half and put apricot preserves - and sometimes melt choc chips on top ... I could see coating with jam and putting more ground almonds though ... I don't know if it helps ... but ... hey I tried

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
Interesting ... hmmm ... I make a sponge cake add ground almonds before baking - then I cut in half and put apricot preserves - and sometimes melt choc chips on top ... I could see coating with jam and putting more ground almonds though ... I don't know if it helps ... but ... hey I tried
Thanks, but there's something unique about Oberlander Nut Krakovskis.

They definitely aren't competition for Chometzdik cakes, but I can't be the only one buying them cuz they've been selling for at least ten years, maybe more. Wink

Their flavor is sort of marzipany, and the texture is heavy and moist, not spongey, similar to Pesach rainbow cake. Something about them makes them less Pesachey than most cakes around. The nutty topping has an interesting crunchy texture too. Maybe s/o here knows of a similar recipe.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:41 pm
It's funny you say that ... my kids call it my pesach rainbow cake ... but I make a rainbow cake year round ... and this just reminds them of it ... definately not marzipany though but made with almonds ... which make the sponge a little heavier ... so you will have to wait for a better recipe

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 12 2007, 2:31 pm
My family is addicted to them, and I haven't come up with a recipe that even comes close. I'd love to put away a recipe for next Pesach, or maybe even bake them during the year.

Is anyone else addicted to them?

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 4:42 pm
Still looking for that kind of recipe. Anyone have a recipe that sounds similar?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics