Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Attn: Crown Heights Amothers - I have a Question

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 12:52 pm
I was wondering if I have to buy a ticket to daven in 770 on Rosh Hashana? I am super curious as to what it looks like with all of the Israelis? Let's say I walked from Flatbush or Williamsburg. Could I get in and daven mussaf? I don't want to get a ticket if I'm not sure about coming. How packed is it? What time do you daven mussaf? Hear Shofar?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:07 pm
You don't need a ticket but it is pretty much a nightmare. If you want to really daven, I don't suggest it. If you just want to check out the scene, come prepared for a crowded, pushy mass of rude Israelis and Frenchies.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:09 pm
oliveoil wrote:
You don't need a ticket but it is pretty much a nightmare. If you want to really daven, I don't suggest it. If you just want to check out the scene, come prepared for a crowded, pushy mass of rude Israelis and Frenchies.

I'm planning on davening shacharis in my local shul, mussaf at home, hearing shofar and then walking over to see the scene. I think it will be inspiring for me. Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:20 pm
It is definitely an experience. You don't need tickets, but unless you're planning on pushing thru you definitely won't be able to see down at the men's section. It goes late.....at least 1(on scond day and closer to2 on the first)

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
It is definitely an experience. You don't need tickets, but unless you're planning on pushing thru you definitely won't be able to see down at the men's section. It goes late.....at least 1(on scond day and closer to2 on the first)

You mean it starts at 1 or end at 1? That's early!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:35 pm
Ends Well past one...
Probably more like 1:30-2....not sure..,, its been a year so it could be my memory isn't that great

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
Ends Well past one...
Probably more like 1:30-2....not sure..,, its been a year so it could be my memory isn't that great

Wow thanks for that info!
Where I daven mussaf doesn't start until 130ish!!! I better be really early if I want to see this!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:44 pm
You only pay for a seat, not for standing in the isle. At this point, they sell the seat to the people from previous years as they have a chazaka. It is very hard to purchase a new seat unless you are buying it off someone you know and they transfer it to you.

Getting into the isle can be quite difficult with all the Israeli and French women and High School girls. If you're not pushy, you will be in the back of the shul. When I stood near my grandmother I was able to see and hear all. The year I wasn't able to join, I stood in the back and could hardly hear, and definitely not see the mens section.

Shmaichel

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:21 pm
I davened in 770 for years. The davening is so so beautiful and powerful. The most moving part of being there on Rosh hashana is for shofar blowing. Hearing the rebbe's tekiyos was the most special thing ever (before my times), but now they sing Seder niggunim before tekiyos (a niggun for each Rebbe- Baal Shem tov, magid, Alter Rebbe etc) and it is so moving. It's easiest to see/ be part of it if you have a seat but so many people that don't have seats enjoy it as well. Just brace yourself to get through until you find some space to stand and hopefully see. Good for you that you are willing to walk in to feel the kedusha that's there😊
Have a gut yom tov! Let us know your impressions afterwards...

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:39 pm
I can't even imagine going without the Rebbe.

What exactly is there to see?

The whole point was to be with the Rebbe and share in the spirit of the yom tov.

Its just not the same thing.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:40 am
It was beautiful!,,

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:49 am
ValleyMom wrote:
I can't even imagine going without the Rebbe.

What exactly is there to see?

The whole point was to be with the Rebbe and share in the spirit of the yom tov.

Its just not the same thing.

I do not think the Rebbe would agree with your statement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur