Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Break fast

Eemaof3

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:43 pm
Just learned dh invited 3 college students to break fast at our house. I was just doing bagels with tuna and egg because it was just to be us. I have time to prep tomorrow. Any ideas for quick dishes that can be cold? Staying dairy.

busydev

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:48 pm
something baked.
cut veggies and dressing.
a soup that can be warmed up quickly (microwave? even on a flame if its enough for 5 ppl shouldnt take to long)
bagels, tuna and egg all sound good to me.

emunahmother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:49 pm
The first thing that came to mind was bake a fresh cake to break on.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:07 pm
Baked potatoes (I just thought to have that). Bake before or microwave while everyone eats the cake and coffee. Have butter and sour cream for them

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:28 pm
Eemaof3 wrote:
Just learned dh invited 3 college students to break fast at our house. I was just doing bagels with tuna and egg because it was just to be us. I have time to prep tomorrow. Any ideas for quick dishes that can be cold? Staying dairy.

Bagels, tuna and eggs sound right to me. Maybe add some sliced cheese and juices.

We always broke the fast on bagels and lox growing up, and we still do it now. If it were my son whom you invited (and you're awfully nice to have done this), your menu would make him feel at home.

Gmar chatima tov.

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:32 pm
I think its nice to have something hot. Maybe add some soup or scrambled eggs. Or you could make a quiche before yom kippur and serve it hot or cold.

But I'm sure your guest will be grateful either way.

I am serving soup, salmon, and not sure what else. Probably leftovers of pre fast meal.

Eemaof3

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 7:13 am
Thanks all! As I was getting bagels this AM I remembered I have tomatoes and red onion so I going to put together a tomato/onion/mozzarella salad. I also got a recipe for a pumpkin babka so I will do it this afternoon with dd. Thanks for the reassurances! Gmar chatimah tovah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur