Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Countdown To Pesach

Squash

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 7:16 pm
What's up with the ticker/coutdown to pesach on the home page? I just noticed it and my stomach did a sumersault!!

Is it meant to chase us away and send us back to work?

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 8:30 pm
I actually had not noticed it! Coolations, dude!

Although I got the eep! feeling when I was standing in line with a cart full of matzah and I had already been to the hardware store and was headed to the wine store. Pesach is the only time where I can easily spend almost 1/3 of DH's paycheck in the space of 3 hours. shock

mirisimma

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 8:35 pm
Oh my G-d! I was ABOUT to start a thread saying same thing - STRESS!!!! why?...

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:15 pm
Unnecessary stress, a proven tactic to scare us back to the pail!

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:38 pm
It's called FACING REALITY!

lotte

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:39 pm
I am tring to ignore this topic... Crying -I haven't done a thing yet!
Working mama...

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:56 pm
The scene: the computer and our heroine is typing away when she suddenly sees a banner on her screen... Countdown to Pesach? NOOOOOO!

Our heroine valiently cries out to herself "I'm not listening!" and covers her ears and starts singing la la la la la la la la

Our heroine's DD still wants to be Queen Esther. Maybe if our heroine keeps singing to herself it will still be Purim and she can still indulge in more burekas and hamentaschen!

*fast forward 10 days*

Help Help Help Help Help Help our heroine gasps frightenedly: "Pesach is almost here and I haven't done a THIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!"

Quickly heroine picks up her cellphone and dials her DH on speed dial.

"DH DH DH we have to refinance our mortgage! We have to go to katz & schick, farbrenginn, capitol hotel, crown heights hotel?!, anywhere but here!"

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:54 am
bashinda wrote:
The scene: the computer and our heroine is typing away when she suddenly sees a banner on her screen... Countdown to Pesach? NOOOOOO!

Our heroine valiently cries out to herself "I'm not listening!" and covers her ears and starts singing la la la la la la la la

Our heroine's DD still wants to be Queen Esther. Maybe if our heroine keeps singing to herself it will still be Purim and she can still indulge in more burekas and hamentaschen!

*fast forward 10 days*

Help Help Help Help Help Help our heroine gasps frightenedly: "Pesach is almost here and I haven't done a THIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!"

Quickly heroine picks up her cellphone and dials her DH on speed dial.

"DH DH DH we have to refinance our mortgage! We have to go to katz & schick, farbrenginn, capitol hotel, crown heights hotel?!, anywhere but here!"

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter rofl Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Although, I have to admit, that as nervous as the countdown is making me, it might just give me the push to seriously finish all that I have to do

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:14 am
I know........................

supermom

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 3:53 pm
When I opened up the homepage I freaked out it is making things more stressful. Maybe Yael should remove it.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 4:19 pm
It should stay right where it is. If a member has been on here too long, and needs to get up and clean, this should serve as a reminder!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 4:26 pm
there is another post about this too - I say FREAKY - but guess what guys - once you post in I never see it again ... just first time ... so run past it and waste more time here with the addiction ...amother, im a mother, I am a mother, ima mother, MOMMY!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics