Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp sternberg
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 12:50 pm
spoons wrote:
I know this is an old thread but I have some Sternberg questions.
I went there back in the 90s and I'm wondering if the general population is still the same. For example,most of us wore short socks and for younger girls we wore knee length skirts. But I just watched the video on their website and seems eeryone's wearing knee socks and/or long biz skirts (didn't know they still made those!)
If my going into 6th gr. daughter were to go and wear knee length skirt with short socks- would she be alone?
anything else to add, I"d appreciate it!
and ps- now as a paying parent I certainly appreciate being able to camp so much more! Cuz honestly, I dont know if I can do it. When I went, it was a 'federation camp' and MUCH, MUCH cheaper....all that extra money and still same bunkhouses? how's the eggwater etc?

For this age group, knee length skirts and short socks are the norm.
They also built some beautiful new bunkhouses last year but there's no guarantee your daughter will end up in one.
The water is not egg water but regardless, almost no one drinks it-they all shlep water bottles from home (or buy from canteen).
Campers are still fairly diverse and from all over the country (as well as from other countries). I think the staff is a little more to the right than they once were.

A parent whose daughter's been going (and loving it) for the past few years.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:39 pm
My sister sent her girls there and they ALL loved it. The counselors are warm and caring. They all had anecdotes to share about her daughters AND they respectfully declined a tip. She was stunned!!!
Very different from another girls camp they went to the summer before....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children