Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
FreedomPop

acemom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 8:06 pm
Someone sent me a link to their site. It seems like a nice idea but I am wondering what the catch is....

What small print am I missing?

acemom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:00 pm
Anyone familiar with it at all?

http://www.freedompop.com/

Similar business model as Skype etc. but what is the gimmick here? How can it be totally free?

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:11 pm
I have it. Its a little slower, and has limited access. If you need to do video streaming, Skype or things like that it's not worth it. Not great but not horrible either.

acemom

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 9:50 am
Thanks for the feedback.
I am actually looking for a cheap plan for basic talk and text. The data isn't that important to me.
What is the average charge for month? I assume you are paying something. What about up front costs? Am I limited to which phones I can use? Do I have to take their phone?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:45 am
I'm also looking for info about it. For cell use, and home internet use. Anyone?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:47 am
Bump

Smile1234

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 9:21 am
Bumping this up because I found a sale on it

http://www.1sale.com/products/.....-one/

Does anyone know how it works with paying? Do I only pay for the months that I use it? Is it the kind of thing that I can have in my closet and use it when I go away?

I'd love to get more information.

TIA!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 10:00 am
You should Google reviews. While they do provide what they say, they are known to charge for things they shouldn't be charging for and it is very difficult to reach their customer service to get things corrected. No first hand experience here, but I was seriously considering at one point and researched it. Additionally, it runs on Sprint's network which doesn't have the greatest coverage everywhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics