Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Pesach cooking

cl

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 8:29 am
any good pesach cook-books I shud look 4? as im making seder an prob first 2 day meals myself for first time.
My mum usually makes salmon, chicken soup, chicken, kugel an fruit puree which is all easy an simple but my in-laws are coming an they r sefardi an r used 2 much more spicy foods plus rice which I cant use so if u have any ideas / advice on good sefardi-style recipes that ashkenazim can use on pesach I wud really appreciate it.
PS. we also dont eat gebrokts.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 8:50 am
I really only use 2 cookbooks for Pesach, the Spice and Spirit one, and one that I downloaded from the internet a few years ago that was made by Neshei Chabad of London (there's a link to it from Shmais). Oh, and my mother-in-laws collection of recipes. The spice and spirit one is the one I really would recommend and it has all sorts of handy hints about making Pesach included in it.

Can't really help you with spicy cooking - the most tangy thing I make is orange and grapefruit chicken!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:56 pm
you could add LOTS of garlic to stuff to make it spicy and flavorful......add to chicken, roasted veggies.....

shalhevet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:20 pm
I love the Eish HaTorah Pesach recipe book - I think its marketed by Feldheim. The recipes are really practical, not patchkerei and with ingredients available. It doesn't assume you have an oven/ microwave etc for Pesach and the gebrokts recipes are marked by a star, so are easy to spot.

LubavitchLeah

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:33 pm
mummy bh wrote :
"""I really only use 2 cookbooks for Pesach, the Spice and Spirit one, and one that I downloaded from the internet a few years ago that was made by Neshei Chabad of London (there's a link to it from Shmais)."

Same here mummy, I also use that Neshei Chabad London one downloaded from internet as well as Spice and Spirit!

besimcha

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 7:45 am
Shalhevet, do you happen to know where I could get the Aish book? I have looked in bookstores and could not find it anywhere (I live in Yerushalayim).

ShanaMatele

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 7:11 pm
The Kosher for Passover Cookbook
By Aish HaTorah Women's Organization

http://www.feldheim.com/cgi-bi.....863-7

I think Feldheim's shipping to Israel is pretty reasonable, but you probably won't get it in time to use this year.

withhumor

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:57 pm
The pupa cookbook, “balabusta’s Choice” !

amother

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:11 am
cl wrote:
but my in-laws are coming an they r sefardi an r used 2 much more spicy foods plus rice which I cant use ........
If your inlaws are Sephardi- wouldn't your husband be following his parents' customs, and eat Sephardi foods all the time?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics