Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which would you choose- Shaitel or Jewelry
Previous  1  2

If you could choose either a new shaitel or a fancy piece of jewelry, which would it be?
Shaitel  
 68%  [ 51 ]
Jewelry  
 32%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 3:07 pm
Just to throw another twist into the conversation:

I had a freelance job that was very boring & I was very unmotivated. DH suggested I use all the money I would earn for a new sheitel, thereby giving me motivation to get the job done.

Well, the money ended up being more than expected, but, just then, my stove broke. And once I was getting a new stove, I decided to get a dishwasher, which gets much more use than a sheitel, in my house, anyhow.

(The funniest part of it is, DH thinks using the dishwasher is wasteful, so he washes the dishes a lot in order to avoid my using the dishwasher. Unfortunately, I still can't convince him to put the clean dishes in the dishwasher to dry, so he just puts them on the counter....)

Note if the jewelry is expensive, you should make sure it's covered under your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy. Possibly you need a rider.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can insure a sheitel. Maybe for theft, but not for wear and tear.

Liebs

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 3:20 pm
DrMom wrote:
Which looks better: A synthetic sheitel or a synthetic diamond?

I don't wear a sheitel, but if I did, I'd chose the sheitel. You "wear" your hair every day. I'd have limited occasions where I would wear a diamond pendant and earrings.

And while there are many high-quality fake diamonds that look pretty convincing, I don't think (DollyWelsh will disagree) that synthetic sheitels look nearly as good as the real ones.

My thoughts exactly!
And jewelry does go out...think yellow gold vs white gold...styles..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics