Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Immediate relief for ear infection?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:42 pm
Besides olive oil or motrin is there any immediate relief for ear pain? For a young child.
Anon because just discussed this.
My child is in terrible pain and screams for the longest time. I've tried everything in my hands but nothing seems to help. It's not 6 hours since the last dose of motrin and am not giving Tylenol because I know it won't help for this child.
Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:46 pm
Buy garlic oil and drip in the ear. Or soak a garlic clove in the olive oil overnight. Works instantly.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:48 pm
There are homeopathic drops ,it works very quickly,I think the company is similan or something close.the cover is orange. Its safe for kids,and really works. Good luck.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:49 pm
Blow drying the ear.

happy chick

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:55 pm
ear infections can be excruciatingly painful. like someone else said, oil and garlic drops. just make sure it goes straight in the ear cuz it smells like garlic.
someone once said (although ive never tried it cuz it sounds gross) that breast milk works like magic. if youre nursing, I guess you could try it.
good luck!

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 4:56 pm
Warm olive oil. Drop in with a dropper. Not hot but warm. It soothes and relieves instantly.

tf

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 5:04 pm
The combination of motrin and tylenol works better than either one alone. Therefore, you may want to give it a chance.
My daughter is allergic to mold, and gets ear infections from it. If she has an ear infection, I go around in the house to find where mold can be hidden and the infection goes away without antibiotic. Once there was a spoiled kirby in the refrigerator drawer, another time it was pesachdige countertops without air to dry them and became moldy, or fermented borscht. Once the source is removed, the infection vanished on its own.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 5:43 pm
Anon because I tell this to everyone. It's amazing.
Take a sock, fill with raw dry rice. Microwave a minute or so until warm (not hot). Hold on the ear. Immediate relief.

Bruria

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 6:14 pm
Take your child to a doctor, especially if it hurts so much. You want to know if it's serious or not, your child might need antibiotics.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 6:46 pm
Oregano oil applied behind the ear from a health food store or breast milk always work... I feel guilty now that my older 2 kids ever got antibiotics for an ear infevtion

applepie

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 7:49 pm
Try garlic willow drops from health food store. Worked amazing without antibiotics. You drip it in warm and it's soothing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics