Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Taking everyones kids to the park

Tila

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:02 pm
yesterday I decided to take my son and daughter to a park that they really like. On the way I stopped at my friends house to get her son. My friend's sister was there and said she'll come along with her daughter. Half way there she hollers to me from a block away "blah blah blah BYE!!!!" and left. ALL the kids were a block a head of me, and then I proceeded to run to the kids. We get to the park and her daughter asks where is mom? I said she will be here soon (I was clueless as to what her mom said). an hour goes by NO MOM! Exploding anger she whines that she wants to leave, and her cousin wants to go as well as my daughter. So we convince my son and leave. It was caos at the park and on the way back to my frinds home. No sign of the mom. In the end she came to pick up her daughter (an hour later). I was ballistic according to her sister she takes advantage that way and not to fell bad for yelling at her. I felt bad for her daughter. should I have held me tongue Tongue Out

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:08 pm
I live 2 blocks away from the park and I so badly want my 9 yr. old to take my 2 yr. old. She says she doesn’t mind, she’d love to go but she wants to ask a friend to go with her. I understand her, but frankly, I’m packing up some snacks and a cellphone, and I think that at this age, she can run over for an hour herself. I hope she will allow me this luxury sometime today,.

I wouldn’t want her to go with other kids, I cannot take that responsibility.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:18 pm
Tila, that sounds NOT nice of her. Well, if her sister says that's what she's like, now you know to beware!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:30 pm
I would have a blast with a bunch of kids in the park ... sounds like FUN!!! Still wrong of the person to leave you alone especially the way she did it ... Tila don't feel bad ...

withhumor you shouldn't send your 9 year old to the park herself ... she is way too young ... the world has gotten harsh out there ... unfortunately so

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 2:51 pm
I'm scared.... but I need it!

My 2 yr old is trashing the house, and I got a response to a resume I sent out erev yom tov, and I couldn’t even talk like a mentsch on the phone, how embarrassing!

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:48 pm
Tila- good for u for yelling at that irresponsible mother. I bet her child is very clingy and unsure. how could a mother just abandon her kid w/o warning- not to mention w/o requesting if u would watch her too.

timeout

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 6:45 pm
My son goes to shul with my DH every Shabbos by day I just found out recently that my sons (who's 5-1/2) friends mother takes them to the park occasionally I felt so bad I called right away to thank her and apologise for the confusion.

Some people are so nice I don't know if I would do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics