Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Good Shabbos everyone ad enjoy your well earned rest!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:39 am
I'am going to sign off now but everyone relax and enjoy your rest over Shabbos after all we all deserve this rest after our very hard work over the last month.

Over Sabbos have a L'chaim that we managed to survive the onslaught of constant cooking, cleaning, laundry and tidying up.

L'CHAIM Black Eye Drunken Smile and Good Shabbos!!!!

ny21

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 10:40 am
good shabbos !

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 11:47 am
I feel like I just bumped into you at the supermarket! Enjoy your shabbos too!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 11:52 am
Good Shabbos - L'chaim Drunken Smile to you!!!

shopaholic

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:14 am
I had such a relaxing Shabbos. I didn't get dressed, didn't go out, had no guests, made simple but real chometzdik Shabbos. My challah was yum. I made my recipe with whole wheat flour instead of white & everyone loved it.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:37 am
do people actually relax on shabbos?

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 7:10 am
My bed was so yummy and comfy when I plopped into it on Friday night that I was afraid I would have to pay for the enjoyment in the world to come. So I quickly started to think about sick people in hospitals who were twisting and tossing and couldn't sleep. It certainly diminished some of my joy.
Oh, and that sleep....it was gevaldig!!!
GR, I also sometimes feel like I'm not really resting on Shabbos cuz I'm so busy with the little ones KA"H, but I find that it's still a mental rest to some degree. No busses to make, no deadlines, I still get that Shabbos afternoon nap.....so it beats the rush of the weekdays.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 7:22 am
GR wrote:
do people actually relax on shabbos?

Well GR this Shabbos was most certainly a really relaxing Shabbos. DH took the boys to shul and a slept slept and slept the whole morning. I got up when they came home had Shabbos lunch and then we all went out to the garden to enjoy the sun and nice weather. I took with me my Siddur, Tanya, Pirkei Avos, Tehillim, Chumash, Hayom Yom and a book and just sat there with dh and learnt and th kids played. Supper time was outside and I read stories to the kids. When they went to bed I also popped back into bed untill the end of Shabbos. I can tell you it was the most relaxing and awarding Shabbos that I have had in a long time!!! I feel so refreshed and relxed after it!!!! Wink

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 9:37 am
Quote:
My bed was so yummy and comfy when I plopped into it on Friday night that I was afraid I would have to pay for the enjoyment in the world to come. So I quickly started to think about sick people in hospitals who were twisting and tossing and couldn't sleep. It certainly diminished some of my joy.
Oh, and that sleep....it was gevaldig!!!

Rolling Laughter

Maybe my schedule during the week isn't as crazy as yours, but I learned to like Shabbos just for the day it is, and not because I get to relax! It's just like any other day of the week- kids get up at 6, eat breakfast, and the day goes on from there.

good for you, jewishmama SmileI'm glad you got your sleep like you planned.

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 9:43 am
On shabbos, dh and I have an unspoken arrangement that he clears off the table after the meal. In fact on Friday night, I plop into bed like a dead duck, and he clears off. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if I would have to cook and clean and set the table and serve the meal and then CLEAN off the table when I’m already halfway not here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics