Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Rebbetzin Aidel Miller - I have some questions
Previous  1  2

agreer

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
Can someone who has been to her tell me how much she charges. I'm not trying to be nosy or to start a discussion of the legitimacy of what she does, just trying to get a sense of whether it's something that a semi-skeptic like myself would be interested in trying, which would depend on the price involved.

I read an article recently written by someone who did it a while ago; then, it was $101.

I imagine it's at least that much.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:39 am
smss wrote:
(I'm not sure if I believe in this at all, but,) in today's world I wonder if that exists. who has honestly never been jealous of someone else?

Well perhaps someone who has gone to her can tell us, does she say "well it's almost certain that you have ayin hara, because who doesn't?, so I'll pour lead to see how much", or "I'm going to pour lead to see if you have ayin hara or not"

I'm trying to design an experiment here, but there's probably no independent way to test for ayin hara. Maybe we could take two ayin hara removers, we put them in two nearby rooms. Some volunteers are randomly assigned go to just one ayin hara remover, others visit one right after the other (and the order varies). The removers don't know that some of the volunteers have just been to see someone else.

Now we can't take a single test where remover2 found ayin hara as proof that either remover1 didn't remove it or that remover2 can't detect it, because the subject could have someone so jealous of them that they re-applied the ayin hara while the subject was walking from one room to the other (I'm assuming that ayin hara doesn't require the caster to be looking at the victim). But we would expect to see that the level of ayin hara found at the second remover would be lower than at the first, if there's validity to the detection/removal process, and similar levels of detection if either the detection or the removal don't work.

But what if some people are only good at detecting or removing but not both? So let's just see if different ayin hara experts come up with similar diagnoses. Well that might not work either, for one thing, it could be that reading a person's ayin hara can change it. I also could be that the subject had two ayin haras and each reader found a different one, even if they both poured lead at the same time.

If we lived before Ephraim and Menashe were exiled, I suppose we could use them as controls, because Yosef's descendants are immune to ayin hara. I don't know if it also goes by the matrilineal line, and Rabbi Yochanan (who said in Berachot 20a that he didn't have to worry about ayin hara for this reason) knew his ancestry. Or maybe by his time everyone was assumed to be a mix of all the Shevatim, although if it worked then, why doesn't it still work today? Also it seems Rabbi Yochanan knew he was protected but he doesn't tell the other rabbis they are.

Last edited by imasoftov on Thu, Nov 30 2017, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Judy

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 4:15 pm
She is in boro park today and will be around the next few days. You'd have to call for the schedule. She mentioned Williamsburg, queens... She charges $101. You can call her at 718-689-1902 or her secretary at 845-425-4517.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:05 pm
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Molybdomancy

http://www.rationalistjudaism.......html

Check out the first comment on Slifkin's post:

Menachem LipkinJanuary 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I actually did this many years ago in a different life time. (Even then it was somewhat under duress.) We waited an hour watching many people have a turn before us which gave me ample time to analyze what was going on. I estimated given that she worked about 3 hours a day that she was earning roughly $60,000 cash a year. (This was about 15 years ago.)

Basically what happens (as described) is that you sit in a chair while molten lead is poured into a pot of cold water that's being held over your head. The lead immediately solidifies into a lattice. If the lattice has little nodules ("eyes") they represent your Ayin Horas. The process is repeated until there are no more nodules, indicating that you've been relieved of your Ayin Horas. 

I noticed that the first times it was being done, short bursts of lead were poured into the water multiple times. The "last" time it was done was almost always one quick shot poured all at once. My theory is that the short bursts caused the lattice to be more complex causing the "eyes". Whereas the full shot created a smoother lattice without "eyes".

It's not for me to say if this was intentional or something that was merely "handed down" and the person may actually believe what he was doing. (In our case the grandson of the Ayin Hora lady was working that day.)

All just simple fluid dynamics.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:13 pm
I went to see rebbetzin miller and she was obviously a very holy woman. There's definitely no harm in trying to go to see her. But I do think that if someone is looking for yeshuas the most effective way is through working on oneself- taking on more davening, shmiras halashon, improvements in tznius... A lot of segulas are really just an easy way out to avoid doing some serious soul searching.
That said, I really enjoyed the experience but I did go there rather skeptical. I don't know if it helped me or not, but rebbetzin Miller seemed like a very special person. She also does have endorsements from certain Rabbaim. Maybe it's best to ask a Rav first before going to see what he thinks.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:05 pm
I went to see her and thought based on these previous posts and all her advertising that she is holy or special...
Not saying that she's not but I was extremely disappointed in the whole thing. First of all the place you walk into is not really presentable. She's taking so much money she can afford a decent clean place. I walked into a filthy messy room , luckily I was only one cuz I didn't see any waiting area, in the middle someone else walked in and I kinda panicked like is she gonna stay and listen , but she sent her into some back room. I found that very unprofessional.
Secondly that upset me was she kept picking up her phone in the half hr I was there she took maybe 6 calls and she never said I'm with someone I'll get back to you , she just went on having complete conversations with ppl while I sat there waiting! And when she got off the phone she kept forgetting what she was up to. Oh did I say we finished ....or she's start to tell me something , get a call and never finish. Extremely annoying and unprofessional! Now to the thing, she did the blei gissen I can't say if what she said is or isn't true. Some things she was right about my personality but she didn't say anything amazing to blow me away. When she read my palm she was 90 percent wrong! She told me I work which I don't she said I have 5-6 kids I have much less. She said were doing well in parnasa we are in really bad shape now....I mean c'mon! I was sooo disappointed I walked out feeling like I just flushed $100 down the bowl. It's not like they even say it goes to tzedaka. It's her fee! At the end she has this huge loose leaf with photocopies of segulas and things to say so she's leafing through it looking what to give me but she had a call so she couldn't focus and she's just going back and forth until she finally gave me 2 papers . I've been to someone before who can tell u things about urself , not sure what his powers were and not saying he helped me but he was soooo on target at least it was fascinating how he knew these things about myself and my family but here was very off.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:27 pm
I've heard that Ayin Hara only affects those people who believe it has power. I don't believe in Ayin Harah, and looks like I'm saving myself alot of trouble.

bruriyah

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:24 pm
I think what Reb Miller does constitutes avodah zarah. As per the way the Rambam holds, there are no supernatural forces in this world that can harm you. There is G-d, and the natural laws he put into place. Period. Stop wasting your money on this foolishness.

The reason "kishuf" is assur is not because it exists and we shouldn't be part of it, but because it is a lie and the torah tells us to stay away from falsehood. Anyway, to repeay, it seems to me that the stuff Reb Miller does is either avodah zorah or perhaps "kishuf".
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational