Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Do your kids go to friends after school

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 8:17 pm
My children end school at 3 pm. After that they always want to go to a friend or have 1 over. Is this normal? I thought after a day in school they'd want to relax... I think children need to learn how to enjoy themselves without always company. I try to tell them once a week but that doesnt seem to satisfy them. What do u think? Should I let them have a friend or go to 1 every day?

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 8:41 pm
I personally didn't allow on most days ... besides my sons friends were too rough and he stopped altogether ... I agree that kids need down time ... home time ...it changes as they get older ... and homework should come first ...

Ima'la

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 5:04 am
If they really enjoy it so much, maybe allow it more like 2-3 times a week, but not every day. My kids get together with friends and I think it's great for them, but they finish earlier - like 1-1:30 - so it's hard for me to advise you. Maybe it doesn't have to be right after school (Depends how far the friends live.) I do like my kids to come home and eat something (which automatically provides some down-time) before getting together with friends.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 9:57 am
DS is such a social kid. Everyday he wants a friend over, or to go to a neighbor or friend. I try to only allow it a couple of times a week.

Ima'la

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:07 am
Why don't you (pl.) want your kids to have playdates with other kids? I think it is good for my kids to play with their friends.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:48 am
It's very good, but sometimes I need him to come staright home, alone, eat, do homework & play in the house. On Mon & Thursday he comes home at 5:45 so I never allow playdates on those days.

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:54 am
Ima'la wrote:
Why don't you (pl.) want your kids to have playdates with other kids? I think it is good for my kids to play with their friends.

Yeah sure playdates are great, just getting them to and from them.. Or having more kids at my home (which is tiny).. Not alway so simple, majority of the time my kids just want to crash and play with their toys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers