Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
"Taking" coffee from work

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 9:29 pm
As on my last poll, I can't use coffee fast enough at home for the remains to have a good taste. It gets old before I can finish it.

I want to start bringing home a ziplock baggy once a week with 7 T of fresh office (ground) coffee, enough to make a pot on Sundays at home.

Think if I multiply that out, and bring a container of that amount of coffee to work from my own money, it would be okay? I'm sure if I tell my boss he'll think I'm a true freak!!!!!

As an aside, has anyone tried the Maxwell House Singles? I have the Folgers "tea bag" coffee but it also gets stale fast....

aussiegal

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 9:41 am
I dont' like coffee, but my husband keeps the coffee jar in the freezer - claims it keeps it fresh. Have you tried that?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 9:54 am
Yes. It's not that great. Freezing isn't forever.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:15 am
If you don't ask your boss' permission it will be gezel (theft) because even taking without permission even if you intend to return it, is gezel.

chen

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:45 am
Why not ask your boss if you may take home X volume of coffee and pay the appropriate sum into the coffee kitty? The canister is labeled with the number of scoops or tablespoons it holds: just divide the cost of the canister by the number of scoops, multiply by the number of scoops you're taking, and voila! your share of the cost.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 11:03 am
I was actually kind of embarrased to bring it up to him. It makes me look kind of freaky.

vicki

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 1:08 pm
Except for something meant for employees that I use in the office, I always ask permission.

As a consultant - after years in the same office as a direct employee - I asked permission to have coffee and snacks. And to use some office supplies.
When my kids came in for a short period of time I asked permission to give each one mini-chocolate.

My boss always says yes with some surprise that I asked.
As small a favor as it is you are asking for, I think you need to ask.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 1:52 pm
Your boss may just be impressed with your honesty.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 2:01 pm
Why not just buy 4oz of beans and grind them for your sunday coffee? That's apx a pound of coffee a month, it does not lose quality in the fridge in 30 days time. Most coffee you buy ground in the grocery store is months old before it hits the shelves.

myself

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 2:12 pm
This thread is approx 9 years old. Chocolate moose, I hope you're not still debating what to do. LOL
Perhaps you'll tell us what you decided to do in the end...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics