Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Getaway with DH, Israel

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 1:06 pm
After a couple of years, I am expecting my first soon, B'Sha'ah Tova. My trepidation for having the baby is growing rapidly (as is my stomach!) and I just feel like I'd like to take a mini vacation with my DH while I still have energy, and it's just the two of us. I should probably wait until Bein Hazmanim but then things are so much more pricey and places will be more crowded, not to mention I don't know how much energy I'll have then.

Can someone help me plan a trip that won't break the bank between car rental, sleeping accommodations, and activities. Thing is, I get kinda grossed out by Tzimmers (I've never been but even the pictures posted on tzimmer sites/groupon look too "homey" like the beds look small and not fresh....etc. however, Hotels seem too pricey ....Not sure which area we'd like to be in but I guess wherever we find somewhere to stay we can work from there..

Also, ideally we'd like a place with strict Mehadrin (not Bet Yosef, Aguda, Any Rabanut...) places where we could eat out....

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 2:01 pm
Netanya is great place. They have many hotels. Don't know which hechsherim you hold of but we were told that the Ramada is best of hotels. It was lavish and delicious breakfast with shmita stringiness.
We went erev Pesach (so anon bec I told e/o!) so it's possible was better hechsher because was already kashered for pesach.
Netanya is nice and relaxing and not too far. Ikea right there. They also have pizza in right across from Laniado hospital as well as a shwarma place that's machpud. I'm sure there is more just don't know about it.
But it's worth it just for that breakfast and we got nice suite (went with 4 kids) and was great price.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 2:02 pm
Forgot to say...B'sha Tova! Get the good times in now ...although you will still be able to after too...but different!

Smile1234

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 2:39 pm
Look into Kibbutz Lavi and Nir Etzion. I haven't been there but I know there are times (or perhaps always) when one or both have mehadrin hechsherim.
And I dont know anything about prices, but the reviews I've heard sound nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics