Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What do women wear on their head while swimming(women ony)

buzz

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 7:53 am
I am going to Israel soon and there is a pool in the apartment building Im staying in with separate hours.

I have never been swimming before with married females so what is the accepted norm?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:25 am
It probably depends on the "crowd" but from my personal experience woman wear bathing caps when swimming.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:26 am
I like to use a pretied so I look normal

hila

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:44 am
A thin swim hat (about 5-10sh)
Or a snood.

buzz

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:50 am
A snood or pretied would fall off my head in a second!!

Can I wear nothing?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:53 am
I tie the pretied or wear my speedo cap.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:58 am
We wear nothing unless you have long hair and the pool rule is that you need a bathing cap to keep the filters free of hair. I guess it depends where you are (we also wear just bathing suits)

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:13 am
I don't cover my hair when I'm among only other women, so I Wouldn't cover

innovative mom

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 10:03 am
The pretieds are made in bathing cap material for swimming. Nice and comfortable.

chanee

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 12:21 pm
There's some kind of turbon in bathing cap fabric that is lined and gathered above the band that keeps it in place. It's sold in most dry good stores in Brooklyn and Monsey and are available in 4 colors.

dimyona

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 1:12 pm
I know that women who shave may freel uncomfortable being bare headed. But I've never understood why other married women feel a need to cover when they're showing all that other skin.

abaker

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 1:17 pm
I would wear a pre tied or a bathing cap. I just wouldn't feel comfortable showing my hair. I also wouldn't feel comfortable in a regular swimsuit either. but that is just me.

(and this is coming from a BT girl who use to walk around the boardwalk in a bikini and flip flops all summer) I guess I just feel more comfortable being covered these days. although I wouldnt look twice at a woman who was swimming in a bathing suit and no headcovering. to each their own

boysrus

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 11:26 pm
I hope you have a great time in Israel, Buzz!

When I swim in an indoor pool , ladies only of course, I usually dont cover my hair at all because I find bathing caps are so tight they give me headaches. I feel strange though not covering my hair, especially as most ladies do, I always wonder what on earth they thiink of me...

If you dont want to swim with your hair uncovered then maybe try looking in a sports store for a bathing cap, just dont expect it to be comfortable!

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 11:36 pm
Bathing cap. Some are tight, some are not, can take some trying to find what works. It's more hygienic that way, your hair doesn't get all over the pool (around here most pools require it) and your hair doesn't get as yucky either. And mine wouldn't stay very well in a pony anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics