Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What would you tell your kids?

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 4:52 pm
that say that grandma is not a good grandma.
My mom has $!but every time she comes visit(from her country)she brings my kids nothing!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 4:54 pm
You tell them that she is a good Grandma and she loves them very much. Love isn't measured in gifts.

Is her only discretion that she doesn't bring them gifts? Is she nice to them? Play with them?

greenfire

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 5:34 pm
I would much rather have a good relationship than $$ or presents ... yes they are fun ... but what led them to say this ... did something else happen ... do their other grandparents buy them presents ... either way I agree with defy love is not measured in terms of $ or presents ...

Tefila

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 7:20 pm
Amother it would depend on your attitude too u know Confused

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 7:29 pm
Tefila wrote:

I agree. This part of your post
Quote:
My mom has $!but every time she comes visit(from her country)she brings my kids nothing!
is very telling.

chen

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:05 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
You tell them that she is a good Grandma and she loves them very much. Love isn't measured in gifts.

Thumbs Up

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:14 pm
my kids are not silly.you cant tell them all these stories.when 1 grandma who does not have money always buys them things..remembers their b-day and calls to love them you cant tell them that the rich one who comes to visit from over seas always with nothing-that she is a good grandma!no way!

yoyosma

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:19 pm
How do they know which grandma has the money?

MommyLuv

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 9:56 pm
If their grandmother makes no effort to be involved in their lives and show them love, well hate to break it, but your kids are right in what they said....

Even if she gave them lots of gifts but was otherwise cold and distant, they'd still be right.

mumoo

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:17 pm
yoyosma wrote:
Tefila wrote:

I agree. This part of your post
Quote:
is very telling.

I have to agree, children are very perceptive. even if we don't say something, our action/attitudes speak very loudly.

the good thing is, if you truly believe that she is a good grandmother, and that love is not measured in $, your children will absorb that message as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children