Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Am cute?!?!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 1:08 pm
so while I like to have fun talking to people I found myself chatting with a bunch of out-of-towners in for a simcha ... they said I was "cute" ... I thought that was only reserved for little kiddies ... who knew ...

anyway I passed by a bunch of kids playing on a trampoline ... started schmoozing with them ... guessing their names telling them stories ... knocking on doors and saying good shabbos for dares ... they thought I was cute too

my friends kids came running to me on their way home from shul ... all hugging me and saying come to us for lunch (p.s. they eat lunch like 2 hrs later than me) anyway ... I went in and felt good ...

it seems weird that other kids and people like me ... but my own kids don't ... so should I think cute is good ... or am I just nuts ... who knows at least I wasn't alone and lonely ... what do you think ... am I just nuts?!?!

Dini

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 1:17 pm
I would use cute on an adult and I wouldnt think the woman was immature when I would say it but I understand what you mean that you feel funny when ppl say your cute, b/c I wld also feel that way when s/o wld say it about me.

I also love to see ladies talk all nicely and play with other ppl's children

SouthernShalom

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 1:38 pm
I don't know where the out-of towners were from but here it is totally normal to call an adult woman cute. Same as pretty or smart. I am sure it was a compliment!

chen

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 7:03 pm
Cute is good. It means appealing in a comfortable, nonthreatening way--not just looks but personality and humor. humorless people cannot be cute. Dragon ladies cannot be cute. Old ladies, young ladies, little children and Nobel laureates can all be cute, though most Nobel Laureates are not. Cute is a twinkle in the eye, huggability (anorexic women cannot be cute, though slim women can be as long as they're not trying too hard), a smile (depressed people cannot be cute until they recover). Cute is genuine. False eyelashes, false fingernails and false friends are not cute. Cute is good.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 7:37 pm
chen
you're cute Very Happy

chen

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 8:49 pm
Why, thank you. LOL
I was a lot cuter before my dimples disappeared into my character lines...

greenfire

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 9:02 pm
chen wrote:
Cute is good. It means appealing in a comfortable, nonthreatening way--not just looks but personality and humor. humorless people cannot be cute. Dragon ladies cannot be cute. Old ladies, young ladies, little children and Nobel laureates can all be cute, though most Nobel Laureates are not. Cute is a twinkle in the eye, huggability (anorexic women cannot be cute, though slim women can be as long as they're not trying too hard), a smile (depressed people cannot be cute until they recover). Cute is genuine. False eyelashes, false fingernails and false friends are not cute. Cute is good.

what is a nobel laureate ... aside from that I am depressed ... definately far from anorexic ... no false eyelashes ... still have a dimple ... and apparently talk to strangers ... so I guess there is still that maybe Mr. Green

chen

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 9:25 pm
Dimples are majorly cute. So much so that I never vote for anyone who has them, b/c I can never be sure I like their politics or am being swayed by their dimples.

Nobel laureate is a fancy-schmancy way to refer to a person who has won a Nobel Prize.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 9:34 pm
chen wrote:
Dimples are majorly cute. So much so that I never vote for anyone who has them, b/c I can never be sure I like their politics or am being swayed by their dimples.

Nobel laureate is a fancy-schmancy way to refer to a person who has won a Nobel Prize.

wow we learn new things ... about that dimple ... I only have one ... where do I stand in the voting ...

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 10:23 pm
chen wrote:
LOL

cindy324

Post Sun, May 06 2007, 10:43 pm
Quote:

well I guess I can't count on your vote then, when I run for office LOL

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 8:14 am
greenfire wrote:

wow we learn new things ... about that dimple ... I only have one ... where do I stand in the voting ...

Depends on which way you're facing when I'm voting.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 8:24 am
chen wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Depends on which way you're facing when I'm voting.

Wink I prefer friends to politics
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics