Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Touro University Worldwide (online)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 10:57 am
I need to earn my associates exclusively online.

Has anyone used their program? What can you tell me about it?

MimiMommy

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:53 pm
I've used it. It seems pretty professional, but it is an online program so you don't get some of the benefits of doing it in school.

baschabad

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:59 pm
I was told that it would be free after financial aid and then halfway through the semester that turned out to be not true. Being financially strapped at the time, this was no small deal. I was left with a bitter taste about the program. I liked sitting in class better anyway.
However I will say that the professors were nice about giving me an extension when I had a baby two weeks before the end of the semester.
Also, I passed math through their program; something I might not have been able to do in any other program.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:05 pm
baschabad wrote:
I was told that it would be free after financial aid and then halfway through the semester that turned out to be not true. Being financially strapped at the time, this was no small deal. I was left with a bitter taste about the program. I liked sitting in class better anyway.
However I will say that the professors were nice about giving me an extension when I had a baby two weeks before the end of the semester.
Also, I passed math through their program; something I might not have been able to do in any other program.

Would you care to elaborate please? Was it the school's fault? In what way?

And yes, they told me they give tons of math support. I wish I could do classroom learning. It just won't work for me at this stage.

baschabad

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 12:01 am
So, I saw their ad on collive.com and called the general number. The person who I spoke to (a recruiter, I guess) told me that it would be free. I made sure to confirm that because as I said, money was of issue. I followed through with the financial aid details, but a few weeks into the semester I spoke to someone from the financial department who told me otherwise.
I don't recall the details exactly, but when I asked to just drop the program she told me that I would have to pay anyway, or something like that. Still, there was no way I could pay them until I got that years tax return. This also messed me over when I tried to apply for Touro in BP for the next semester because I still owed money to TUW.
I wasn't very happy with the experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics