Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can I train my 8 yr old ds for the night??? advice?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Oct 24 2015, 11:51 pm
is it possible to train an 8 yr old boy for the night? during the day he has great control. at night he is so inconsistent. my pediatrician said to take him to bathroom before I go to sleep and to limit drinks before bedtime. I tried , but my ds is so inconsistent. he can wake up dry 2 nights and then wake up soaked the next. or I can forget to take him to bathroom and he'll wake up dry. I would say at this point he is dry like 2 to 3 nights every week.
and my 6 yr old has same issue except he can wet a bit during day too and I think he purposely uses his pamper when he wakes up. but for now I want to tackle the older one first.
any advice?

el2cg

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 12:22 am
I used the malem bedwetting alarm...it worked.

cinnamon

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 4:55 am
My dd is eight and the same as you son op. We have been using a bedwetting alarm for the past three months and I don't see any improvement. It is so frustrating for everyone involved.
Before that we tried Minirin which worked great for about two months and then stopped working.
el2cg, can you describe what you did with the alarm? How long did it take?

sky

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 8:42 am
We have been using the alarm now for 1 week.
My son wakes up soaked every night even if limiting drinks and if we take him at about 11 in his sleep.
The alarm goes off between 2 - 3 times a night. Sometimes he sleeps right through it and I have to drag him out of bed and sleep walk him to the bathroom. I 'm starting to think he isn't ready yet, but he wants it so bad. I was told not all boys are ready at this age (smaller bladder and deeper sleeper).
Sorry no advice.

el2cg

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:21 am
cinnamon wrote:
My dd is eight and the same as you son op. We have been using a bedwetting alarm for the past three months and I don't see any improvement. It is so frustrating for everyone involved.
Before that we tried Minirin which worked great for about two months and then stopped working.
el2cg, can you describe what you did with the alarm? How long did it take?

I followed their exact instructions. ...it was several years ago, so I don't remember clearly. I let the alarm wake him, I didn't wake him at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics