Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Recipe for J2 kind of cheesecake

Mevater

Post Sat, Feb 10 2007, 11:26 pm
I'm addicted to the creamy, rich J2 cheesecake. Any ideas?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:17 pm
Can you describe it more?

mompete

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:25 pm
I've never tasted their cheesecake, but this is the one that I make and it's super creamy. Everyone loves it. I do it in my toaster so you don't have to use an oven for it.

2 Cups ground graham crackers
1/4 - 1/2 stick butter
dash of cinn

combine for the crust and press on the bottom and sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Put in the fridge to firm up. Or buy a crust. (makes two crust but recipe is only for one cake)

1 8 oz container whipped cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 C sugar
1 8 oz container sour cream
zest of half a lemon
1 tsp vanilla

mix everything up very well. pour into crust. If using a springform pan, wrap the bottom tightly with silver foil and put in the preheated toaster at 325. DO NOT OMIT THIS PART, IT'S THE TRICK TO GETTING IT CREAMY - pour boiling water onto the bottom of the pan, the cheesecake is sitting in.
Bake about 1/2 hour, until the middle of the cheesecake is wobbly. Remove and fridge for two hours.

good luck!

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 9:08 pm
Thanks. It sounds divine.

What can I do if I don't have a Milchig springform pan? Should I try it in two 8" foil tins instead (make 2 small cheesecakes)?

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 10:08 pm
Just buy an already made crust - it comes with a pan and then you don't have to use butter (blah)

I make a cheesecake: 8 0z whipped cream cheese, 6-8 oz pkg of farmers cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 tblspn lemon or juice of half a lemon or lime. mix throw in shell bake and serve with fruit like berries or canned pie filling
or if you want you can marbelize by adding a little cocoa and a drop more sugar to a couple of spoons of batter mmmmmmmm now I am hungry oh bake till edges are lightly browned 40 min - 1hr - if toaster oven put at 275 in reg oven 350

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 8:43 am
I can make like 25 kinds of cheesecakes . . .that's why I asked you to be more specific.

shayna82

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 10:21 am
greenfire wrote:
Just buy an already made crust - it comes with a pan and then you don't have to use butter (blah)

I make a cheesecake: 8 0z whipped cream cheese, 6-8 oz pkg of farmers cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 tblspn lemon or juice of half a lemon or lime. mix throw in shell bake and serve with fruit like berries or canned pie filling
or if you want you can marbelize by adding a little cocoa and a drop more sugar to a couple of spoons of batter mmmmmmmm now I am hungry oh bake till edges are lightly browned 40 min - 1hr - if toaster oven put at 275 in reg oven 350

is this really yuimmmy???

Mishie

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 10:56 am
Last year I made a Chocolate-Marble Cheesecake:

Melted chocolate and swirled it into the batter. YUMMM!!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 3:31 pm
I find that the really creamy cheese cakes are those made with cream cheese

DefyGravity

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 3:43 pm
Ditto using ready made crust! I have a springform pan and never use it - it's much easier to use ready made.

Mishie

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:05 pm
I have a couple springform pans, and find that they always leak!! (then batter drips on the oven etc...) Mad

I've tried lining the pans with baking-paper (to make the seal tighter), and also wrapping the pans in tin-foil. But it doesn't really help.

Does anyone else have this prob. with their pans?

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 4:33 am
I line the outside of my springform pan w/foil. Also, I have learned to put my cheesecake in something they call a "bath" which is a wider pan filled with water. That keeps the cheesecake from cracking. But it's really meant for the serious cheesecakes with like 4 1/2 POUNDS of creamcheese! What is referred to as New York cheesecake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus