Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Blusher
Previous  1  2

Aimee

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 4:36 pm
Benefit has a highlighter/blush called "Dandelion" that is really beautiful on almost any skin tone. It looks a lot pinker in the package than it does on the skin, but it's a lovely soft pink color, not too intense at all. You can get it at www.sephora.com.... I think it's about $16.

gold21

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:49 am
aimee I am probably stopping in sephora today after work on my way to my in laws for shabbos....dandelion sounds pretty, I will let u know how it goes! Smile
weird thats theres no sephora more local: only in manhattan?.... Crying

greenfire

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 8:54 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
greenfire wrote:
sephora and clinique are both expensive ... but if you use it all the time at least it is not a total waste ... I personally tend to have enough natural blush ... my face is always red ... it is rather embarrassing embarrassed embarrassed

I have the same problem, Green. I hate it. I search high and low for medical and cosmetic relief from what appears to be a mild rosaccia. The medicine doesn't help--unless my skin was even redder before! The special redness concealers help somewhat but you really have to take care putting them on because they can make you look ghostly if you're not careful.

one of my dd has what you are referring to ... me on the other hand ... tend to just blush a lot ... I think it's a mental disorder :oops:or else the sun makes my face red ... either way its embarrassed

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 9:04 am
Has anyone ever heard about or tried custom-blended makeup?

gold21

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:15 am
grama: no but it sounds cool... Smile

ok now anyone here use loose mineral powder? im thinking of starting to use that, supposed to be very light but evens out skin tone...

Aimee

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 3:59 pm
gold: I used the bare minerals brand for ages, and it is great.... but my skin is too dry! Now I use the philosophy stuff, and it just makes it look like I have perfect skin (which I definitely don't!) I would recommend it - and they have it at Sephora, too.

lamplighter

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 5:45 pm
I use bare minerals now = its amazing stuff, my skin is natrually oily so dont have the problem u mentioned aimee. it is not cheap but it is airy, light and has awesome coverage. I have blotchy and poros skin but the stuff makes me look like my skin is smooth, well blended and healthy. I would recommend it, but I dont know the brand aimee used. I can't imagine somehting better bare minerals but if there is somehting, I would check that out!

gold21

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:53 am
k I checked out sephora: cool place...cindy and aimee, thanx for the recommandations!! however I did not purchase blusher there..... the dandelion didnt even show up at all on my skin Crying , since as I said its olive and not everything show up on it...and I decided against gel blushers in favor of powder blush: but guys it was kewl to check the place out!! Smile

yoyosma yeah the makeup counter applications are a great way to try things out: thats how I chose my first set of makeup at 16...! (incl. mocha pink blusher)

its funny, la456 and aimee, that u use loose mineral powder for great coverage!...thats great but the reason I chose to start using it is cuz I thought it gave very light coverage: like just gives an even skin tone and a little color but nothing really in terms of coverage...u know? cuz I HATE the look of even moderately noticeable coverage, even when I have a breakout...dunno, thats just how I am!

thanks all... Tongue Out

faigie

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:48 pm
with darker skins, one can try first using ...........oh I hate to call it a bronzer because the shades I prefer arent always true bronzers.........first, and then put a second blusher in a pink or coral pink shade ( depending on skin tone) atop of the "bronzer".
the blusher pops nicely and naturally that way, sculpting your face out.

gold21

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 4:41 pm
ok I love the loose mineral powder! so natural, great color, and easy to apply...and supposed to be much better for ur skin than the standard makeup! though it can get kinda messy, cuz the powder is so loose and easily sprinkles out of its box if u arent careful, but I think its worth it cuz of how it looks.
now I wanna maybe purchase loose mineral blusher too! this is good stuff.

ok..next question now that this one is solved Tongue Out
I use maybelline eyeliner, maybe looking for something different, that goes on in a thinner line...the one I use is one of those pencil-marker types that dont have to be sharpened...which is great...but it doesnt really go on that thinly, cuz it comes out in one standard size....and that annoys me Crying

so: fave eyeliners, guys? I know there are all these different types of eyeliners...but whats good? that can be applied in a thin line, easy to use...I like a nice medium brown shade to match my eyes

THANKS Y'ALL. you guys are the best........ Tongue Out

gold21

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:16 am
none of u guys have an eyeliner u would recommend? Crying

shoot

I was hoping for some ideas..........oh well Confused

ill have to go t o a makup counter myself Wink

greenfire

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:28 am
goldy isn't make up different for each person ... like I may like something but you may not ... go out have fun ... find s/t you like

gold21

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:31 am
yes I s'pose...but u know there are all these different kinds of eyeliner out there, like powder with a brush, liquid with a brush, and who know what. I wonder how they work!

Last edited by gold21 on Wed, May 16 2007, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

happy2beme

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:31 am
faige,
can u please pm me?
thanks

greenfire

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:34 am
sorry - I guess I'm no help when it comes to make-up ... dd's like the liquid ones with brush if that helps ... but one also like to wear aqua ...

faigie

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:53 am
re eyeliner........................
to get the look of the moment AND put your existing makeup stash to doing double duty, ( and who doesnt want your existing stash to go as far as it can?) try the following.
A. brush a nice color over your entire lid, its spring. go light.
now for the eyeliner part...............
get yourself a flat or angel takalon brush. using your dark shades of eyeshadow, dip the brush into your fav dark shade. use that with the following tech.
1. use it as your top line
2. run it under your lower lash line
3. take whats left over and brush it into your crease.
( if you need to reload your brush at any time dont sweat it, just reload)

gold21

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:58 am
faigie thanks...! u sound like u really know ur stuff!!
do the brushes go on thinly? are they annoying/ difficult?
I should go buy one Tongue Out

faigie

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:35 am
what you need is a nicely chiseled flat or angel takalon brush. the blade of the bristles need to come to a nice fine edge. the line will go on just perfectly..........not too thin, not too wide.........plus you can soften the line out for the "now" look.
I like to use things that multi task. this brush that im recomending is a takalon fiber. that means you can even use it to fill in your lips with lipstick or gloss. you can use it for applyng concealer as well!.
whatever you do....DONT get a natural hair brush for the techs that I just gave you..........

gold21

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:45 am
THANK YOU!! Tongue Out
sounds like a plan..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics