Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Da most delicious cheese cake in the gantze velt-and ez too.

lotte

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:14 pm
I have tons of yummy recipes for cheese cakes...but today I found out that the easiest and most delish one is not that hard to get..
I simply walked into Weiss bakery and got this HEAVEN Halva cheese cake.
for $ 45-no shopping for ingredients,no mixer,no oven,no work..A mechaye!
My Shavuos started tonight...(2 slices already .. Crying )
I couldn't wait.
Let me tell you guys..heaven is here! Very Happy

bashinda

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:33 pm
I was telling DH that we shouldn't get Weisses as I could make a good cheesecake (okay not as rich) for much cheaper. The truth is I'm biased anyway as I the Weisses ones are way too rich for me. Glad you're enjoying it though!

downsyndrome

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:49 pm
Hey 10-11. Every bite is worth about $5.00, and you're still enjoying it? I make a scrumptious cheese cake, that is even easier than walking into Weiss', standing on line, paying a fat price, shlepping it home, etc. and mine is so cheap and not even so-o-o fattening.

bashinda

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:54 pm
okay you can't do that and not post the recipe! I mean err,

pretty pretty pretty please with a strawberry on top can you post that recipe? *drool*

bashinda

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 9:54 pm
OT: EEEEEEP. I passed 1000 posts. I think it's time to call for counseling.

downsyndrome

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:07 pm
Bashinda, you talking to me? You want my recipe? Or you want 10-11 to go into Weiss' and demand their recipe for halvah cheesecake at $5.00 a toothful?

bashinda

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:10 pm
down: you of course! pretty please! I don't think I could handle the potchke most probably involved in reproducing any of the weisses cheesecakes.

Estee2

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:11 pm
DS, I'd love your recipe, too. Very Happy 8)

TIA ! Wink

downsyndrome

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 10:19 pm
Okay.
First of all, with all due respect to Weiss and many other gourmet bakers out there, I am not very fond of cream cheese cheesecakes; I think they have a sour aftertaste. My recipe calls for farmer cheese, but when prepared properly, has the creaminess of cream cheese, fewer calories, and yummy taste.
Here goes:
3/4 bag vanilla cookies, crumbed
several spats butter

Dump crumbs into 9" round pan (the foil pans have the 8 triangles on the bottom - that is the indication that it is the 9" pan), place spats of butter on crumbs and place in oven that is pre-heating on 350 degrees for a coupla' minutes, until you see the globs of butter melting down. Remove. Mix crumbs with butter, then press crumbs down to form crust.
Cheese Mixture:
1 lb. farmer cheese
1 small sour cream
3/4 - 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 scoop vanilla sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. lemon juice or 1/2 squeezed fresh lemon
3 tbsp. flour

Blend all ingredients well, until very creamy. Pour onto crust and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Decorate as per your individual liking.Enjoy! It's cheap and yum!
If you want to do a sour-cream glaze, remove pie after 45 minutes of baking, prepare sour-cream glaze in dish, when pie cooled for few minutes, spread sour cream on top and put back in oven for ten minutes.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 11:12 pm
sounds good,
can you make me some?

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 17 2007, 10:15 am
DH wanted me to buy the halva cheesecake this year as a treat. When I reminded him yesterday that we need to order it, he said he'd rather not spend $45 on a cake no matter how good it is. Right next to the ad for Weiss's in the JP, is a recipe for Halva cheesecake by Elite. I'm making that. It'll probably cost $20 in ingredients.

Ima'la

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 5:09 am
tenele - glad you enjoyed! and even cheaper than that soup you told us about once!

Blossom

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 6:39 am
Thanks Downs!! I am going to try it.

And Ten Eleven It's even yummier when you share Very Happy !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus