Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Gallbladder removal?
Previous  1  2

rainbow baby

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 9:17 am
Sorry to disappoint you but I think you will be in over Shabbos. I had to go in the night before and then had the operation, I had a drain in that was taken out the day later. I think I was in hospital for two days after having my keyhole surgery!!!!

Maybe you need to phone the hospital up and ask how long you will be in!!!

TzenaRena

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 3:54 pm
Scheduling surgery on Friday, Erev shabbos is a shailoh to ask a Rav. In emergencies, pikuach nefesh overrides Shabbos, but scheduled surgery is another matter. (obviously don't know your specific case, but feel the need to point out, that in general, surgery should not be scheduled close to shabbos, one may be putting themselves in the position of having to violate the Shabbos, or have it violated for them.) This is something discussed by Poskim.

Also, over the weekend, some of the senior doctors are not not on call, and the hospitals are mainly staffed by residents, which isn't the ideal situation for many reasons.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe made mention of these two points, when speaking about not planning elective surgery in the latter part of the week.

Shosh, Refuah Sheleimah! Constant pain is well, such a pain, I hope you are feeling better right away!

Mirabelle

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 7:30 am
Hiya,
Well I just found out that there is something potentially wrong with my liver as well (which they think is caused by the gallbladder), so there is no way we are going to delay this surgery no matter what. I do have the first "appointment" of the day, so I may be home by Shobbos. In truth, at this point I am just very nervous that there is something really wrong with my liver.................. Sad

rainbow baby

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 10:49 am
Shosh how are u? How did the operation go? Write and let us know how it went. Remember to take it easy, and rest!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you back on here soon.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:26 pm
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the kind words. B"H the operation went well...these laprascopic procedures are really amazing. I am in quite a bit of pain, but the pain meds help. I just hope to be off them soon so that I can get back to the buisness of being an Ima!
My husband has been amazing at helping me out and waking me up to take pain meds...etc...I need to do something to thank him.

R&RMom

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 7:01 am
Hi Shosh!
I am so happy to hear that all went well. As far as the pain goes..everyday you will fell better and better...especially since the operation was done laproscopically. I wish you a refua shelemah...you will be back to normal in no time! Very Happy

rainbow baby

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 5:14 am
Hi Shosh how is it going a week on? Are you feeling stronger and less in pain? Oh by the way how long were you in hospital after all?
Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Flower Sunny Good Shabbos and take it easy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics