Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Credit Card Help!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 6:50 pm
So I want to build my own credit- one that isn't tied to my husband as a "just in case". What if CV something were to happen to him, I don't want to end up with financial issues later on. Its not like I am even thinking of divorce or anything. Just in case. I also heard that if both parties when getting a house have excellent credit it might make the process easier/cheaper. Is that true?
I wouldn't be spending too much on it- just a few dollars every few months that gets paid off right away. Just to build credit. I hate that one has to have a credit card to really get a good score but since it is the easiest way to get a good score I think it will be the best route now.

I want a no yearly fee card. I don't want to have to pay for the rights to borrow money (since it will be paid off immediately)! We don't have issues with our credit card now- it gets paid BH in full every month and we never put anything on it that we don't think we can pay off right away.
If it will get rewards, that would be nice too. I heard some cards have points you can redeem for amazon (or other store) gift cards. (we don't travel so miles wont help us).

Any thoughts? Does it matter that I am not working right now?
What cards are out there that fit this criteria?

little_mage

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 8:36 pm
You might be able to get a card through your bank. We have an amazon visa, that we get points directly to amazon, and I think double or triple points at amazon. There is no fee.

doctorima

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 9:40 pm
The best no-fee card is the Citi Double Cash card that gives you back 2% of everything you buy, very simple and easy.

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 11:16 pm
chase freedom is a great card. no fee. a nice signon bonus. one percent cash back on everything and rotating five percent categories
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics