Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
St. Thomas US Virgin islands

mrt

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:59 am
I would like to plan a trip to St Thomas US Virign Islands, is there kosher food? whats exciting to do there? or should is Cancun a better choice? I want a place where can chill, relax and have fun! I really dont want to have to take along food!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:54 am
Keep in mind that planning your trip around kosher food, will usually result in a frum-filled area. When we went to St. John, we brought along Pomegranate Meals, a grilled cheese maker for eggs and sandwiches, and some other basics. They sold american products there too, but were much more expensive.
We had a great time exploring, snorkeling etc. and the beaches were BEAUTIFUL and empty!!

miracleshappen

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:58 am
Definitely more kosher options in Cancun, I believe they have a few restaurants.
I went to St. Thomas- brought along a george foreman which we used to grill vegetables and a pot which we used for pasta, potatoes, etc. Mostly ate tuna, fruits, vegetables, and pasta. There's enough in the supermarket to get by with those types of things- but the prices are very expensive.
That being said, it's a beautiful trip and I highly recommend it. If you go, take a ferry ride over to St. Johns--it's literally the most beautiful beach I have ever seen

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 7:17 am
is there minyan in st. thomas? Is it possible to be there over shabbos?

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 7:30 am
http://www.jewishvirginislands.....n.htm
http://www.jewishvirginislands.....d.htm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics