Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Miami too expensive... Is Poconos a good option?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 01 2014, 8:51 pm
Wanted to go to Miami with dh and two little kids, but its tooo expensive;(. Soooo... We'll make the best of it and go somewhere cheaper. Any info on camelback? Would go snowtubing and would stay at hotel for one night. Any hotel ideas? Any helpful info would be appreciated. Any attractions nearby?
Hoping to get 'snow-tanned' instead!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 01 2014, 9:30 pm
Good for you! Nice that you are going somewhere.

Judy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:00 pm
thinking the exact same a year later. did you end up going? to which resort? I'm looking into Kalahari, camelback or great wolf. they're really expensive for one night so wondering if you went and if you found it worthwhile and which you chose...any info appreciated from you or anyone else who's been to them. Kalahari looks nice new but seems very big and a lot of walking to get around . camelback looks good but not available the bigger rooms, and great wolf looks ok but older and more rustic compared to newer ones, don't wanna spend 4-500 for old rustic country smelling room. so from anyone whos been there let's hear the comments or reviews pls.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 1:53 am
I know a few people who are going to Miami this week and next got tickets under 100 dollars today there were ticks keys for $69 if you want to go you may be able to find really good deals!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:22 am
True I've been watching all these crazy cheap deals this winter and was sooo tempted but it's not just tkts and even tkts for 4 isn't $53 anymore that's just one way plus tax .. And luggage and hotels are very not cheap and hard to find this busy weekend in Miami I've tried it a few years ago and we couldn't find anything , we had to stay about an hour north . Theres food and Shabbos and activities....the list goes on I worked it out to be about 2-3000 so I figured although the pocono resorts are also quite pricy for about 6-700 I could pull it off that a third or quarter. Just hope we won't freeze!
Unless someone in Miami looking to invite us?? 😜then it's mainly the tkts and since choc platter!
Still open for any good local trip ideas
Haven't finalized

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 3:41 am
I am thinking of going to kahlahari in Feb with my grandchildren I heard that it's much better then the other two water parks camel or great wolf lodge with younger children. It's also a much newer hotel. Prices are a little higher but I like nicer hotels so may be worth it.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 7:50 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
I am thinking of going to kahlahari in Feb with my grandchildren I heard that it's much better then the other two water parks camel or great wolf lodge with younger children. It's also a much newer hotel. Prices are a little higher but I like nicer hotels so may be worth it.

I have heard really nice things about the Kalahari. I've been wanting to go just to see the place (it's about 1/2 hour drive from us).

greengrapes

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 9:11 pm
How do u find these cheap tickets? I wld go in a flash if I cld get $100 to $200 tickets

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 9:22 pm
Kalahari is not so expensive now in Jan/feb they have a promo code for some days "getapizza" which comes out to about $240 a night including water park passes for 4.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 6:48 am
greengrapes wrote:
How do u find these cheap tickets? I wld go in a flash if I cld get $100 to $200 tickets

Check Dan's Deals; he has lots of posts for really cheap tickets to Miami these days.

Israeli

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:44 am
chayamiriam wrote:

Has anyone ever been to kalahari (or any of the others) with a 1 year old? Is there anything age appropriate- she loves water! Or will I have to sit out with her the whole day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics