Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why can't everyone get into Lakewood schools?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:05 pm
amother wrote:
Last night rechnitz had a meeting with the Rosh hayehsivos of this town who were upset with him. He apologized that he was wrong and he promised $1.5 million dollars.

Another wasn't wrong, rechnitz did not donate money at the dinner, he did this last night after apologizing for his actions.

Stop being so quick to jump down people's throats.

HUH!!??!! And they didnt make him crawl on his hands and knees and apologize for all to see on Youtube? If he had to apologize for caring about a very troubling issue, I think less of them, not him.

How do we know he apologized, or was asked to? Because some say so? Thats proof?

Suerrrrre.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:07 pm
amother wrote:
Wonder if he wud live in lkwd where he wud send.. I know from inside source every1 knew if his daughters wudent get in to bjj so help there school and the sem.. Y didnt he rather send to a sem that accepts everyone but rather a v hard to get into sem?

You obviously don't know his daughters... They are brilliant. They deserve to get into BJJ on their own merit and probably would've without their last name.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
One family was not "yeshivish". There is nothing wrong with not being "yeshivish" but she applied to all the yeshivish school and was terribly hurt that she did not get in. When she was willing to try schools that were not "yeshivish", she did get in.

This is exactly the problem. Excluding someone from schools on the basis of being "yeshivish" or some other random attribute. No where else does this take place. Take a look at BY of BP or other such schools, that have a cross-section of all types.

You see, when people who are "not yeshivish" go to another school that they do get in to, they often find other reasons why the schools are not a good fit for them. Yeshivish is not the only criteria that makes a school a good fit. The reason they apply to the yeshivish schools is not only because of elitism. Sometimes it seems to them a good fit for other reasons, and it hurts to be rejected.

Where I grew up, the whole neighborhood could go to the same school. Yet in Lakewood, a relative of mine was not accepted to a school where most of the kids in her neighborhood go, because she was deemed not "yeshivish" enough. So her child is left out, socially and otherwise.

No where else does this take place.

I'm positive that if my high school was in Lakewood, I wouldn't have gotten in. You see, my family is not yeshivish. Yet I'm B"H married for 18 years and DH still learning in Kollel.

Rechnitz was right when he said the Torah was given to all sorts of families.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:18 pm
My niece was in one of his daughters classes in high school..I wasnt just saying and she told me that actually they both really fit more for other seminaries but he wanted them there and made sure it happened

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
My niece was in one of his daughters classes in high school..I wasnt just saying and she told me that actually they both really fit more for other seminaries but he wanted them there and made sure it happened

Are you formerly ginger by any chance?
Your post is extremely inappropriate.

abound

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:23 pm
amother wrote:
My niece was in one of his daughters classes in high school..I wasn't just saying and she told me that actually they both really fit more for other seminaries but he wanted them there and made sure it happened

If you don't like something someone spoke about then you can argue it. DO NOT ATTACK HIS FAMILY!! This is really below the belt. Being frum and learning in the "best" schools should make you a better person, this post does not reflect well on you.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:24 pm
Basically there are tonz of schools bh in lkwd alot of great ones even if u never heard of them or there new so every1 look into those options and you'llb better off.. Also some1 with a school once told me she never honored or asked some1 to b honored some1 that she didnt take right away into school( for what ever reason it was) basically ppl wake up n go where your wanted u and your hus and kids will b happier and you'll c its bashert your kids will thrive..

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:27 pm
The reason why rechnitz speech was hypocritical is because he himself would only send to an elitist school. He himself runs after kavod and has the biggest amount of gaavah.

Should I bow down to him because he gives money because he likes the kavod and he has the money to give.

Maybe start giving anounously.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Last night rechnitz had a meeting with the Rosh hayehsivos of this town who were upset with him. He apologized that he was wrong and he promised $1.5 million dollars.

Another wasn't wrong, rechnitz did not donate money at the dinner, he did this last night after apologizing for his actions.

Stop being so quick to jump down people's throats.

Someone probably threatened his life or his family

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:36 pm
I once worked as a therapist in a school and 1 family didnt fit in exactly the kids were always picked on , never choosen for stuff.. They ended up switching school and these ppl tried with all there pull to get into the first one.. Its not always good for u..look else where if u dont get into org choices..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
The reason why rechnitz speech was hypocritical is because he himself would only send to an elitist school. He himself runs after kavod and has the biggest amount of gaavah.

Should I bow down to him because he gives money because he likes the kavod and he has the money to give.

Maybe start giving anounously.

His message was a ground-breaking TRUE TORADIG MESSAGE of VAhavta Lrayacha Kamocha, reminding us of how were messing up True Yiddishe values, and if anyone else had said it it would have never gotten a fraction of the attention.

Lets not nitpick.

Rechnitz could be out on a yacht all day, and jetting from one vacation spot to another, with lots of rich buddies. He doesnt need to give speeches to get pleasure or into the paper.

I dont think Hashem is annoyed with him. I think Hashem is pleased.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics