Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need advice for dyeing sheitel

mannyzmom

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 8:30 am
I have a blond human hair sheitel that I would like to dye to a brown color. is this possible to do? also, the sheitel has a side part where you see the netting and its a blond color. when I dye the sheitel will the netting also get dyed to brown? I wouldnt think not because it is fabric and not hair, but if it doesnt then it will look bad to have a blond color part. anyone have experience with this? any ideas? thank you.

songbliss

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 3:00 pm
when I dyed my real hair my scalp would often get colored! it might be the same for a sheitle.
I would suggest if at all possible you take it to a proffesional to do it.
also btw, if it's dry a deep conditioning could help, or you can get a fiz removal cream.
I would definitely not suggest dyeing it you'reself. these things can go toooo wrong... (to much experience with real hair. 4get about trying that on a wig!!!)
good luck Very Happy

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 9:55 pm
you can always dye from light to dark.

Depending on the material of the netting it may take color. Cottons and silks and natural fibers absorb the color. synthetics don't usually, but may with very dark colors change.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels