Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva tiferes elimelech

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:06 am
Hi I was wondering if any of you mothers have had any experience with yeshiva tiferes elimelech?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:40 am
I do, what would you like to know? I'd be surprised if there's too many members here who send there, as it's pretty anti-Internet and not the type of crowd that would be on here.

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:10 am
What type of kids go there? are they chassidish or yeshivish? Do they learn in Yiddish or English? How's the English department?
Sorry I have a ton of questions to ask lol so if you can give me all the info you know I'd appreciate it so much !!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:51 pm
The kids come from yeshivish families, plus some very frum heimish, not chassidish. The boys speak amongst themselves in English. The Rebbes speak in English, though they teitch into Yiddish. The English is ... not their strong point.

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:42 pm
Would you consider it to be Similar to yeshiva ohr shraga veretzky in Flatbush?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:36 pm
No, not at all, very different crowds. Ohr Shraga Veretzky is a much more heimish, even chassidish lite crowd, more into Yiddish and levush, also generally wealthier and fancier. Tiferes Elimelech is more litvish, simpler, generally not as wealthy, and definitely not as "with it."

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:46 pm
Do any of the boys from tiferes elimelech have fathers who wear streimels?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:49 pm
motherof21 wrote:

I doubt it.
The few people that I know there are really Litvish. (Almost misnagdish)

All very fine people.

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:53 pm
I'm just so confused. I didn't grow up chassidish but my husband did so we don't know where to send our son to? He wears a streimel but that's about it.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 5:04 pm
motherof21 wrote:
I'm just so confused. I didn't grow up chassidish but my husband did so we don't know where to send our son to? He wears a streimel but that's about it.

Do you want to share more information about yourself so we can possibly give suggestions?
How wouldo you identify yourself? The people THAT I know in Tiferes Elimelech are yeshivish.

What about the Cheder? Veretzky? Mevakshei Hashem? Stolin? Chasan Sofer

These yeshivas are each very different from each other but all have a mix of streimels and non shteimel wearers.

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 5:15 pm
we don't really classify ourselves with any group. just frum Jews. I go complete tznius with Sheitel a little longer than shoulders. I went to college. My husband wears a streimel no peyos trims his beard. I only speak English my husband speaks Yiddish and English. No tv, only internet is on our phones, no movies. Very simple people. I live in Boro park. Thanks for trying to help!!

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 6:13 pm
motherof21 wrote:
we don't really classify ourselves with any group. just frum Jews. I go complete tznius with Sheitel a little longer than shoulders. I went to college. My husband wears a streimel no peyos trims his beard. I only speak English my husband speaks Yiddish and English. No tv, only internet is on our phones, no movies. Very simple people. I live in Boro park. Thanks for trying to help!!

Check into Chasan sofer, veretzky, the cheder. Hatzlacha! !

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:33 pm
I'd say that Tiferes Elimlech and the Cheder are almost all Litvish, virtually no shtreimels in the parent body, so probably not the best fit. I'd advise you to look into Chasan Sofer, and possibly also Stolin or Mevakshei if you want more Chassidish, or Veretzky if you want levush only but more worldly and with-it.

motherof21

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:41 pm
Thank you for all your help

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:43 pm
How do you want to raise your child? Chasidish or litvish? Everyones descriptions are pretty spot on but the question being what are your visions of your home and how you will raise your children? I would say stolin and mevakshei do sound like a good fit for you as they have a mix. Veretzky is probably too "with it".

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 12:07 am
Stolin and Mevakshei both have terrible English departments! I'm not sure about Chasam Somfer and The Cheder's english departments but make sure to look in to that.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 12:29 am
My brothers went to TE. Definitely litvish but I feel like a lot of yiddish is also spoken there (just presumably litvish yiddish). The english department in elementary was supposed to be very good, but in HS, like most very frum schools for boys in BP, was virtually non-existent. That's not to say they don't have one- they did, but I think many of the boys didn't go, and it wasn't looked on as a bad thing if the boy chose to learn more torah than to go to English classes. Overall my impression was that the hanhala was very nice, particularly in the elementary school.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
I'd say that Tiferes Elimlech and the Cheder are almost all Litvish, virtually no shtreimels in the parent body, so probably not the best fit. I'd advise you to look into Chasan Sofer, and possibly also Stolin or Mevakshei if you want more Chassidish, or Veretzky if you want levush only but more worldly and with-it.

I don't think Stolin and mevakshai will take a father that trims their beard which is why I focused on the other schools. But it is certainly worth a try. Stolin has 1 Rebbe starting from nursery with over 30.boys.in the class. BTW if this is for the coming up school year then it's too late for Mevakshai . Their registration is usually completed by Chanukah time.

I know someone with a shtreimel in the cheder but they're not really representative of the crowd.

I would suggest getting applications to all places and trying to go down to get a feel of each place.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
I don't think Stolin and mevakshai will take a father that trims their beard which is why I focused on the other schools. But it is certainly worth a try. Stolin has 1 Rebbe starting from nursery with over 30.boys.in the class. BTW if this is for the coming up school year then it's too late for Mevakshai . Their registration is usually completed by Chanukah time.

I know someone with a shtreimel in the cheder but they're not really representative of the crowd.

I would suggest getting applications to all places and trying to go down to get a feel of each place.

I know several very frum litvish that have sent to stolin but they are the type to not have internet.
None of the above named schools have a good English department. The cheder is possibly the best, but Im not 100% sure. Supposedly they take English behavior seriously. I am not sure about curriculum though.

hello3

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 1:56 pm
motherof21 wrote:

YES! My uncle sends his boys there and wears one. But that's cuz he is very heimish. His older boys shave....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics