Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Handling seder nights...

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:38 am
I'm newly pregnant and have bouts of nausea throughout the day. I'm a bit nervous because on Friday we can't eat chametz after approximately 10:35, but I know I can eat fruit and such which should tide me over. However, I'm still a bit nervous about handling the day. Also, what about both seder nights being that we won't be eating much and when we do eat it'll be late? Any advice ladies? I appreciate it!

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:51 am
Try to eat a filling chametz breakfast. You can eat potatoes, eggs, dairy, meat, chicken and of course fruits and vegetables all day so you do have choices. Try to eat a meal before lighting candles. Good luck and feel good!

Goldie613

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:56 am
Try eating something right before the chametz cut off, so at least you have something in your system to start off.

As far as all day goes, what about Pesachdika sponge cake? It might be a bit more filling, but probably won't be too hard on your stomach if you're dealing with nausea. Also, would tea or ginger ale help?

As far as the seder goes, hopefully your system will view the matza as another type of cracker. Different types of matza may sit better with you, so maybe have more than one kind on hand, just in case? As far as the late hour goes, if you really need to eat often to avoid feeling sick, maybe ask a shaila if you can nibble a bit on something during the first half of the seder.

Hatzlacha, and B'shaah tovah!

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 7:58 am
ask a rabbi but I am pretty sure a pregnant woman can eat before and during the seder

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 8:18 am
I did ask a Rav and he gave some suggestions. Thank you all for your suggestions too!

Seas

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 8:21 am
Throughout the day you can eat anything that isn't grain-derived, so you can have chicken, meat, eggs, fish, kugel, salads, fruit and more. Also, generally even those who don't use bought processed products and the like, aren't stringent about it on erev Pesach, so you can have potato chips, macaroons, Pesach cake, chocolate and more.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
I did ask a Rav and he gave some suggestions. Thank you all for your suggestions too!

Same issue here, and I will bn ask a rov. Curious what you were told...did he say you could eat during the long stretch in the Seder?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:46 am
causemommysaid wrote:
ask a rabbi but I am pretty sure a pregnant woman can eat before and during the seder

This.
When I was pregnant over Pesach I had a small bag of matzah by my place that I nibbled through out the seder. I also was told I don't have to finish a kzayis if I can't because eating too much suddenly made me sick.

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 2:38 pm
You don't have to be pregnant to have these issues. On erev pesach I have baked potatoes with butter and eggs or salmon and I eat at the Seder otherwise I feel awful. I try to eat soup before chag starts as well if I have time. My rabbi said if you are too hungry to focus during Maggid then you should eat something. We serve cut up veggies, pickles and hearts of palm and some dips during Maggid and everyone is much happier and better behaved ( we have non orthodox guests who usually are not happy about the late dinner situation).

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 5:31 pm
I was told that I could have egg matzah all day or make another dish that I could just eat all day. As far as for the seder nights- I was told that I can have a stash of matzah.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 6:00 pm
Same issue here. I'm 10 weeks along and when I go with out food for too long I feel awfully nauseas. My only issue is that I'm eating the Seder at my in laws. I feel akward sitting and eating while no one touches food 😟
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics