Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan memorial day vacation

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 8:19 am
I would love to get out of new york with my family on the long weekend but can't seem to come up with good ideas. I live in NYC so ideally we would drive anywhere up to three hours away. My kids are ages 6 through 18 months. We have tons of Starwood points and could stay in the Sheraton for free. Does anyone have a good idea of where we should go? should have a good day trip for kids near the hotel. We could bring food so no need for a restaurant.
I know Philly is an option but we have relatives there and go alot.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:40 am
I'd suggest Boston or Baltimore, which are more like 3.5 hours, but have lots of great activities for kids. Also look into Lancaster (if they have an SPG hotel).

alwayscooking

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 6:57 pm
I x think they r running the program yet but the chabad by niagara has meals during the summer shabbosim in a sheraton we went last summer and had a great time and it was great location. I would recommend saving some of ur points for the summer to try that out.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:16 pm
Niagara is great, but OP said she wants to drive up 3 hours from NYC, and Niagara is more like 7.

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:59 pm
How about Maryland? They have nice beaches and you can come back halfway via the ferry. Lots of attractions there.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 6:55 am
flowerpower wrote:
How about Maryland? They have nice beaches and you can come back halfway via the ferry. Lots of attractions there.

Baltimore? Anywhere else in Maryland?

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:41 am
It's called Ocean City, Maryland. Google it and what there is to do there.

sky

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:55 am
Memorial day weekend ocean city is most likely going to be packed with 100s of people in bathing suits. It probably isn't the best idea...

what about Dutch wonderland\Lancaster\Cherry Crest Farm or Storybook land\cherry hill.

I was also thinking Tannersville - there are is a nice small zoo there and chair lift, or near the Adirondak Zoo (forget exact name) But I don't think there are starwood hotels nearby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics