Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Albany ny for shabbos

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 11:57 pm
Thinking about spending shabbos in albany in a few weeks since we will be vacationing in the area. Anyone know how I would go about doing that?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 7:48 am
Never done it, but there's a couple of hotels there. Check their web pages to see if they list nearby hotels, or if they offer hospitality if you're looking for that. If not, you can call and ask. Otherwise, use Google maps to find hotels in the area, bring your food, and enjoy!

rdmom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2015, 9:09 am
There is a Chabad House in Albany on the University Campus. They are an amazing couple. I have stayed in a hotel near there in the past and eaten the meals by them. First time I did it, I bought food and hubby went to daven there Friday night. They made him crazy that he had to bring me for the meal the next day. I felt funny but did it anyway. And had a great time. Did it again another few times since we do business in the area.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

devorah1231

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 2:29 pm
rdmom wrote:
There is a Chabad House in Albany on the University Campus. They are an amazing couple. I have stayed in a hotel near there in the past and eaten the meals by them. First time I did it, I bought food and hubby went to daven there Friday night. They made him crazy that he had to bring me for the meal the next day. I felt funny but did it anyway. And had a great time. Did it again another few times since we do business in the area.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

My husband and I are thinking of going to Albany for Shabbos... where did you stay? How do you deal with the electric key cards thing? Is the eruv good?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics