Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for a shabbos getaway close to brooklyn

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 5:58 pm
dh is out of town, and I'm thinking of treating myself & kids to a shabbos away.
Does anyone know of a hotel or villa to rent close to brooklyn ( I don't drive so I'll want to keep car fare minimal) maybe next to water like Sea gate. Frum community where we can go to shul.
I'll bring my own food.

Thanks

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:05 pm
Belle Harbor. I know there's a minyan there as well as some rentals with a kosher kitchens.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:15 pm
Seagate has lots of basement rentals. You can find numbers in the Link or Torah Times.

sky

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:50 pm
sea gate

http://www.reservekosher.com/I.....part=

Stars

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:53 pm
I opened this to say sea gate

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:58 pm
Thanks. I checked the link and torah times. Will make some calls. Has anyone ever been to one of the sea gate vacation rentals or belle harbor and can tell me that it's really nice? Don't want to get to an old moldy place.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 2:24 am
I've never rented an apartment in another neighborhood, but it sounds like a great (and fairly cheap) way of getting a vacation.

Quick question - sorry if this sounds odd or naive = how do you know in advance which places are clean or bug/bed bug free? Do these apartments have some type of management service supervising them, or is it just individuals renting out their own places?

BTW, second naive question - what can you tell me about sea gate? Sorry, not from Brooklyn, but close enough that it could be a good option for the family, depending on what's there. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics