Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
NEEDED: 40 ppl to bake challas

1stimer

Post Sat, May 14 2005, 11:36 pm
Some1 close to me has been married for over 6 yrs and has no kids yet...

I've heard that 40 ppl baking challas, and taking challa with a bracha on a friday is a segula to have children. So I'm trying to organise it?

Can you help by baking challas this friday?

If you can reply here or to my pm.

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 6:04 am
we have tried it for so many people and I am not so sure about it do results are coming from these people either. but anyway you got me as one.

queenie

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 9:10 pm
Do you all have to bake challos on the same day or just for the same shabbos? How many cups of flour do you need to say a bracha? I don't usually use that much. I have a lot of company this week so it might just work.

But, I have to bake on Thursday, May 19th. Is that still ok?

proudmom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 11:18 pm
Quote:
How many cups of flour do you need to say a bracha?

supermom

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:12 am
you can make it on thursday if you would like. just that you do hafrashas challah and make a bracha have in mind the name and don't forget it has to be on the same shabbos that everyone else is doing it. to give it more of a chazaka.

1stimer

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 6:38 am
Are you sure supermom, I thought it had to be on friday so it has to be from shkia on thursday night.

queenie

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:55 pm
I won't be baking until shechia Thursday night anyhow so that's fine. But, I'm happy you said only 12 cups bc I know that many people that hold by 16. That's way too much for me!

What is the name? or do you want to PM me?

supermom

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 3:12 am
let me ask again maybe I got my facts wrong. I usually make it on thursday night the dough and then friday just shape it anyhow.

queenie

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 5:22 pm
Can you bake for more than one person? Can I give you a name of someone else to bake for?

indianamom4

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 12:03 am
Did anyone read the article in the Yaated about the challah lady? it is pretty amazing. her name is devorah heller and she know everything there is to know about making challah. if you need her number she lives in brooklyn and she does a lot of speaking engagements. it was in the pesach issue! really great article. Exclamation PM if you need her number.

supermom

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 3:28 am
queenie wrote:
Can you bake for more than one person? Can I give you a name of someone else to bake for?

yes you can

1stimer

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 12:03 pm
at the moment I still don't have 40 ppl so it prob won't be happening for htis week. any other volunteers?

supermom

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 1:52 pm
even if you don't have forty people we can still have in mind the name no? if you give me the name I will see what I can do. most of the yishuv that I am in bake challah for shabbos. give me a chance to try to get as many as possible how many are you missing?

1stimer

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 2:14 pm
At the moment I am missing 38! I haven't had a chance to organise it properly but I will pm u the name.

proudmom

Post Wed, May 18 2005, 3:39 pm
I will be willing to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics