Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Treatment for molloscum in monsey

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 5:33 pm
is there a dermatologist in monsey area that treats molluscum on children with beetle juice? My doc prescribed retin a micro to awaken the immune system on my sons molluscum but my son hates having them and hates when I put on the cream. Doc claims once the cream takes effect it will cause the molluscum to fall off and he will be immune for life. I heard beetle juice does wonders. Any advice appreciated

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:14 pm
One of my kids had molluscum. Never heard of the methods u mentioned but I took my daughter to a dermatologist who froze them off. After a few weeks they all disappeared and that was the end of her molluscum.

Dermatologist I used was In Teaneck, half an hour from monsey.

FYI-I believe she got it from swimming in a kiddie pool in a backyard camp with kids who probably had molluscum.
My dermatologist told me all molluscums have to be covered up while swimming, with a bathing suit/cover up/t shirt/socks and to avoid spreading it kids must be in a real chlorinated pool.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 7:27 pm
My son has some and I saw old posts here where people recommended tea tree oil. I've been putting it on daily and a couple look like they are coming to a head (turning white in the center) anyone know what happens after? Should I pop them being careful of the virus? Do I ignore them till they do their own thing?

My ped said to wait them out

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
My son has some and I saw old posts here where people recommended tea tree oil. I've been putting it on daily and a couple look like they are coming to a head (turning white in the center) anyone know what happens after? Should I pop them being careful of the virus? Do I ignore them till they do their own thing?

My ped said to wait them out

My daughter had molluscum for about 9 months before I tried the tea tree oil. Once I applied it they disappeared within 3 weeks (I don't know if they would have disappeared anyway). I didn't do anything to them after I applied it. I think it did it 2-3 times a week until they started to go away.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:35 pm
My child's doctor said to use duct tape at night and remove the tape in the morning. Google it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:55 pm
The duct tape method sounds painful. I cannot see my daughter tolerating that on her 50 plus pimples.... Tea tree oil didn't either work... Still looking for more ideas if anyone has something else,please share.

sunshine5

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 12:29 am
My ds had all around his chin and some fingers, went to dermatologist and she popped them, went back 2 times to pop the ones that came out later now bh a few months passed and we still all clear bh.

Marz613

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 1:53 am
I put apple cider vinegar on a tiny cotton ball, put a bandaid over, and they become very white,. then I pop them. be very careful. they bleed a ton. my kids passed it onto each other for years. we had it for about 4-5 yrs in my house. it wasn't normal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics