Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Twitches

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 10:33 am
For the last year my 7 year old has had a weird "twitch" where he would slide his hand down his face & open his mouth wide, raise his eyebrows as if stretching his facial muscles. That has now stopped & instead he is giving little jumps. He'll run down the street but stop every few seconds to givce a little bounce. he'll stand in 1 spot talking to me & every few seconds give a little bounce. It is driving DH & I INSANE!!!! Any ideas? DH thinks he needs professional help.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 10:35 am
Check out Tourettes Syndrome.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 10:39 am
Nah - you think? Isn't that when people yell out without control?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 6:03 pm
Everyone goes through "stages". My brother didn't blink regular, he would blink hard and wince each time. The more we reminded him to stop, the more he would do it. (It was a result of being nervous.)

A year is a long time, though, for a stage . . . can you bribe him? For short periods of no-bouncing time? I would start with that.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 6:05 pm
[quote="momof3"]Nah - you think? Isn't that when people yell out without control?[/quote]

Not necessarily. I would check it out to be sure.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 7:34 pm
Definitely get it checked out. Tourette's doesn't necessarily involve verbal tics - could be physical tics as well...They'll probably also evaluate for ocd.

shopaholic

Post Sat, Jun 09 2007, 10:09 pm
I googled Tourettes, & emailed the relevant bits to DH. Shockingly, it may be an option. I've put in a call to my Dr.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jun 09 2007, 10:33 pm
Please give us his name so we can keep him in mind.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 10:56 pm
Just curious, why do we need personal information?

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 12:03 am
amother if the OP doesn't want to answer she doesn't have to.
I don't think there was anything wrong with chocolates questio, she was asking for a good reason

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 11:06 am
I keep a Tehillim list, is that so strange? If someone has a situation, I ask for their name and their mother's name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children