Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
T shirt asking for unwanted touch

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:06 pm
I was on the subway a while ago. Apparently there was an Irish event going in Manhattan because many other passengers were dressed in green and wearing or carrying things about Irish heritage. What surprised me however was the green T shirt being worn by a very pretty girl seated across from me. It said "Hug me. I'm Irish" Being that she didn't look slutty or promiscuous at all I can't understand her. What was she thinking ?How can someone wear a T shirt explicitly inviting other people to touch her on a subway (or anywhere else) and not expect all sorts of unwanted harassment? Or did she really want random strangers to come and hug her?

I have that same question when I hear about "Hug a cop" initiatives. Aren't they invitations for unwanted touch? Or do they assume no one would give a hug to a policewomen if she doesn't want it?

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:12 pm
The "Kiss me, I'm_____" tee shirts have been around as long as I can remember.... Someone would have to be pretty out there to take it literally.....

MrsDash

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:14 pm
Please look up the definition of rhetorical.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:16 pm
Of course they aren't meant literally. But at the end of day if someone claims he took it literally how can the wearer complain? She did ask him to do it.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
Of course they aren't meant literally. But at the end of day if someone claims he took it literally how can the wearer complain? She did ask him to do it.

That's how I met my first husband.....

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:24 pm
Are you serious?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:27 pm
Though I wouldn't take a tee shirt like that literally, neither would I wear one.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 2:48 pm
The classic "kiss me I'm Irish" shirts are referring to the Blarney Stone in Ireland which is said to give good luck if you kiss it (basically it's a segulah!). Don't take it so literally.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 3:58 pm
How are you so sure that it's unwanted touch? Maybe she really likes hugs! I'm sure she's aware that at least one drunk guy is going to try and take her up on it, and she's going to laugh, give him a hug, and then go back to hang out with her friends some more.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 4:24 pm
I can't imagine anyone taking it so literal. Maybe if she were in a bar and half the men in there were drunk....

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 6:32 pm
Why are you concerned about this? It's her business, not yours.

sequoia

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 6:35 pm
https://www.google.com/search?.....klX-4

bluebird

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 7:47 pm
sequoia wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=nM6fV57qNITXeZyMr-AL&q=kiss+me+I%27m+jewish&oq=kiss+me+I%27m+j&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.0i8i30j0i24.1597.10840.0.12393.14.14.0.2.2.0.104.1030.13j1.14.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.13.903.0..0j5.9wq8BUklX-4

I kinda like this one. Smile

mommyla

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 7:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
How are you so sure that it's unwanted touch? Maybe she really likes hugs! I'm sure she's aware that at least one drunk guy is going to try and take her up on it, and she's going to laugh, give him a hug, and then go back to hang out with her friends some more.

This thread title is an oxymoron. If she's asking for it, it's not unwanted! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics