Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I heard of a prayer that you say 90 times, I forgot the name

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 5:41 am
I heard of a prayer that if you say it 90 times then you get your prayers answered but I forgot the name of this prayer. Does anyone know which prayer I am talking about?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 7:52 am
G-d is not a thing that we can bend to our will by uttering magic incantations in magical ways. If it were truly possible to guarantee a certain outcome by doing something a certain way, whether it's saying a prayer 90 times or waving a wand in the air 3 times, then that would make human beings the masters, not G-d. You can't force Him to do anything; all you can do is pray and hope that He will see fit to give you the answer you want. Whether you say a prayer 90 times or once, you will get an answer--but be aware that the answer may be "no". Anyone who says otherwise is flirting with kishuf (witchcraft) and kefirah (heresy).

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:31 am
I agree with copper. I just wanted to add that it sounds like there's something important if not stressful going on in your life and I wanted to wish you that Hashem be memaleh kol mishalos libech l'tova, and tova you will appreciate in this world, soon.
The Anshei Kneses Hagedolah sent us out into this long galus with an unbelievable gift: the siddur. There's also Tehillim and informal tefilla. There are many ways to come close to Hashem during this difficult time. Hug and hatzlacha!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:33 am
Hashem answers all prayers
Sometimes the answer is yes.
Sometimes not yet.
Sometimes the answer is its not good for you.
We may not understand why, but we must believe it's all for our best.

simcha2

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:37 am
There is something about doing something 90 times and it becomes automatic. So for example if you can't remember if you said mashiv haruach or not, if it has been more than a month since the change over it is assumed you did what you supposed to as you have davened that way 90 times (3 times a day for 30 days). So maybe 90 times of davening something is how long it might take to change ourselves to be able to change enough to get what we need or realise went we don't...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics