Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
We did it!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:46 am
My kids are all married miss those days just enjoy ur kids

5*Mom

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
DD just rushed in the door, all breathless and squealing and flailing her arms. She yells at me "Oh my gosh, I love my new school SO MUCH!!!"

"I have 3 new best friends, and they all speak English, one is from Australia, one is from London, and the other is from Canada. They love all my favorite bands and they all hate Justin Beiber, they don't wear makeup, they love to read and write fan fiction, they know about Percy Jackson and Harry Potter and THEY LOVE ANIME and one of them has all of the Attack on Titan manga, and SHE'S GOING TO LET ME BORROW IT TOMORROW, and we are forming a club, and we meet every break down by the garden, and they want my phone number, and they are so funny and sweet..."

This went on for a half an hour, and I swear she didn't take a single breath the whole time, it was just one long run on sentence. My little socially awkward nerd fangirl has finally found her people! Very Happy

FF I have been waiting to hear how your dd would like her new school. Yay!! I hope it keeps getting better and better!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 10:43 am
5*Mom wrote:
FF I have been waiting to hear how your dd would like her new school. Yay!! I hope it keeps getting better and better!

And in typical DD fashion, at a quarter to 6pm she shoves a crumpled up paper at me and says "Oh yeah, I forgot. I need all these school supplies by tomorrow." Rolling Eyes

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 10:53 am
My older kids go to school away from home. Sad One left yesterday, and the other 2 start next week. I'm going to miss them.

My 8 year old dd is THRILLED to start school again.

My toddler, not so much.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 12:53 pm
I was so excited for my DD's to start school, 1st and 2nd grades. This afternoon we found that our little first grader has chickenpox- with the vaccine. She is so upset.
The boys start on Sunday!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 12:56 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I was so excited for my DD's to start school, 1st and 2nd grades. This afternoon we found that our little first grader has chickenpox- with the vaccine. She is so upset.

Awww, refuah sheliemah to your little girl! Hopefully because she's vaccinated, it will be a really mild case, and she'll get over it quickly. Has the baby been vaccinated yet?

(That reminds me, I'm due for my booster shot.)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:06 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Awww, refuah sheliemah to your little girl! Hopefully because she's vaccinated, it will be a really mild case, and she'll get over it quickly. Has the baby been vaccinated yet?

(That reminds me, I'm due for my booster shot.)

Not yet, she's nine months, they give it at a year. B"h DD is being careful around the baby. I'm open to all advice regarding the itching! (I should search some old threads...)
She insisted that I open her new school shirt and hang it up, all ready for use! She is so upset to miss the first week Sad

Edited for typo

Last edited by Iymnok on Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:23 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Not yet, she's nine minutes baths, they give it at a year. B"h DD is being careful around the baby. I'm open to all advice regarding the itching! (I should search some old threads...)
She insisted that I open her new school shirt and hang it up, all ready for use! She is so upset to miss the first week Sad

Ouch for the 9 MO- it's hard not to pass it on.
Regarding itching - if she's vaccinated she shouldn't be itching much but give fenestil drops ( 1 for each KG of her weight ) - it works miracles .

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
Ouch for the 9 MO- it's hard not to pass it on.
Regarding itching - if she's vaccinated she shouldn't be itching much but give fenestil drops ( 1 for each KG of her weight ) - it works miracles .

What is it?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:42 pm
Aveeno oatmeal packets in the bath can help relieve the itching.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:54 pm
Iymnok wrote:
What is it?

It's an antihistamine. It's 1 drop per kilo but not more than 20 drops.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 7:34 am
Iymnok wrote:
Not yet, she's nine months, they give it at a year. B"h DD is being careful around the baby. I'm open to all advice regarding the itching! (I should search some old threads...)

Edited for typo

Calimine lotion on the spots. Superfarm should carry it.

On the bright side, you could find families in your area who don't vax, and set up play dates for her. Wink

ally

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 7:43 am
Iymnok wrote:

This happened to me one year as well. Except my oldest went for one day of school before we found it. And then two weeks later, the younger kid came up with it.
So we had summer vacation extended by a month....

The worst part of the nine month old - is that if they catch it they don't necessarily have immunity because they are less than a year.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics