Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mammoth Lakes CA?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 3:17 pm
Does anyone have experience traveling to Mammoth Lakes California for a skiing trip? Are there any kosher resources? I searched and didn't find anything online. We would rent a place with a kitchen. I just need to know what I would need to buy and bring from Los Angeles or Reno.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 7:11 pm
I've never been there in the winter, but I was very close to there this summer. That whole area on the east side of Yosemite and the mountains is very spartan and desolate, even from a secular perspective. Unless there's some Chabad presence there, there's certainly no other Jewish community anywhere nearby.

As a ski town, I would imagine there's grocery stores with your standard national O-U products, but they'll be overpriced and you'll be stuck if they're out of something you need, so I'd recommend bringing any must haves.

agreer

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:17 pm
There's going to be a kosher program there this winter in the last week of january.

http://www.kosherluxe.com/

It's expensive but looks gorgeous. And there's supposed to be amazing snow this winter.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:32 pm
I've been but we bring everything. Crockpot cooking!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics